Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Springs

Banned
    If you're into cardio you'll love the incline
    Last edited by Cypher; 08-15-2019 at 10:32 PM.

It's a great town with plenty to do, good dining and pretty shooter friendly. I go up at least monthly for IDPA at Pikes Peak Gun Club.

You'll soon understand why this is funny!:

Name:  potholes.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  51.6 KB
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Slight thread drift but is there a CO gun forum for selling stuff? Virginia’s has a good amount of activity and I’m trying to get rid of some ammo so shipping it isn’t ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in that area for a few days. Anything I need to know specific to CCW, weird quirks and places I cannot go and such? I'm in a state which has reciprocity with Colorado and the plan is to bring my G19 and only 15-round mags.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I'll be in that area for a few days. Anything I need to know specific to CCW, weird quirks and places I cannot go and such? I'm in a state which has reciprocity with Colorado and the plan is to bring my G19 and only 15-round mags.
    You can pretty much go anywhere except a government building. "No guns" signs don't carry rule of law so they can be ignored, worst case is you're asked to leave if found out and if you do the first time you're asked that's the end of it. You can even carry in bars so long as you're not drunk. You can even drink, just as long as you're not intoxicated. Other than the 15 round mag law and universal background checks Colorado is pretty relaxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You can pretty much go anywhere except a government building. "No guns" signs don't carry rule of law so they can be ignored, worst case is you're asked to leave if found out and if you do the first time you're asked that's the end of it. You can even carry in bars so long as you're not drunk. You can even drink, just as long as you're not intoxicated. Other than the 15 round mag law and universal background checks Colorado is pretty relaxed.
    As long as you don't include the Denver/Boulder area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    As long as you don't include the Denver/Boulder area.
    I make a point not to go to Denver. Denver is the shadowy place beyond our borders where we must never go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Don't forget that's the home of Dragon Man

You can pretty much go anywhere except a government building.
    In the interest of discussion, doesn't this only apply to federal buildings? I know that the El Paso County Citizen's Service Center is posted only that open carry of firearms is prohibited. Same with the municipal libraries here. But then the county courthouse is off limits and covered under the section about government buildings that have security and screening equipment.

"No guns" signs don't carry rule of law so they can be ignored, worst case is you're asked to leave if found out and if you do the first time you're asked that's the end of it.
    I did not know that. I have done a little research and have been unable to disprove it. Thank you for that.

Edit: I have seen "no weapons" signs at State buildings that have no security screening.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 08-31-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    In the interest of discussion, doesn't this only apply to federal buildings? I know that the El Paso County Citizen's Service Center is posted only that open carry of firearms is prohibited. Same with the municipal libraries here. But then the county courthouse is off limits and covered under the section about government buildings that have security and screening equipment.
    City buildings except the City Administration Building don't prohibit concealed carry. Whoever was mayor before Southers made it a rule that city employees with a permit could carry at work. The security post orders for CSU (utilities) used to explicitly state that CSU customers were allowed to carry a concealed weapon on CSU property.

There's a gunsafe in the electric room right next to the front desk at The CAB that they used to use to lock up guns for people who open carried into the building.

User Tag List