Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Springs

Colorado Springs

I have accepted a job offer in Colorado Springs. Money is good and they really want my experience.

What are the gun laws like in Colorado Springs and in Colorado in general? Any good places to go shoot?

Good places to eat?

Thanks

PS- This time, I'm gonna make to Garden Of the Gods!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-14-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Places to shoot:
    Indoors
    Whistling Pines Gun Club is a good place to shoot. Members only. I can take you as a guest to try it out when you get here.
    Magnum Shooting Center is open to the public. I have had some questionable experiences there, but the facility is outstanding.
    Outdoors.
    Cheyenne shooting complex- Open to the public
    Frontier Sportsman's Club- Private NRA based club. (I am a member and can take guests)
    Pikes Peak Gun Club. Private, but hosts a number of matches. USPSA, IDPA, 3 Gun as well as shotgun clay shooting

Further out are:
    Ben Lomond Gun club in Ramah.
    Pueblo West Sportsman's Association
    Both host quite a few matches.

Tons of good restaurants. I could go on for days. What type of cuisine?
    We have breweries on every street corner too. (right next to the dispensaries, lol)

Gun laws, concealed carry with permit. 15 round mag limits. Our county sheriff is pro-gun.
    Here is a link to some info on the sheriff's website.

https://www.epcsheriffsoffice.com/si...ket_121718.pdf

And here is a book that may help.
    https://www.amazon.com/Colorado-Gun-.../dp/069264072X

The gun laws are more restrictive when you get up into blue country. (Denver, Boulder)
    Colorado Springs is still pretty conservative, but we are seeing that change rapidly since the legalization of MJ. Plus California is moving here at a staggering rate. I don't see that helping either.

Site Supporter
    Welcome!
    The nearby ranges have already been covered. I shoot weekly at Magnum.
    If you have any specific questions on the area, feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Oh, and if you’re into IDPA, there are 3 matches a month within an hour’s drive. One more if you stretch it to 1+20ish.

I've never shot IDPA, but I'd like to try it.

I like a lot of different types of cuisine as long as it's not thermonuclear.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-14-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I've never shot IDPA, but I'd like to try it.

I like a lot of different types of cuisine as long as it's not thermonuclear.
    What part of town are you going to be in?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Doesn't matter, the street layout is stupid anyway...
    (To this day, whenever HH6 and I wind up having to make 3 lefts to make a right we say "Jeeze, are we back in the Springs"?)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I was there for a week this time last year, stayed at an Air BnB place. The homeowner was a lifelong resident, and she told me the Springs had become a preferred destination for homeless people.

I was stationed at Ft. Carson from '75-'77, and it appeared the town had expanded 15-20 miles in every direction since then. Once you get past that, the area's still pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I was there for a week this time last year, stayed at an Air BnB place. The homeowner was a lifelong resident, and she told me the Springs had become a preferred destination for homeless people.

I was stationed at Ft. Carson from '75-'77, and it appeared the town had expanded 15-20 miles in every direction since then. Once you get past that, the area's still pretty nice.
    The Springs exploded in '92, just as I was getting to Ft Cartoon. Literally, my sponsor sent me some real estate magazines, and it looked like a renter could practically name his deal, by the time I got there 4-5 months later people were living in tents in campgrounds because they couldn't find anything. We lucked into a 2 bedroom townhouse which went on the market as my wife walked into the property management office, and she took it on the spot, sight unseen. Worked out well for us, but things could have been ugly...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don't know yet.
    Tough to find a house here right now.
    Anyways, if you want a local tour guide when you get here, hit me up. Lol.

The homeless population is getting ridiculous here. Again, it seems to me to have exploded after weed became legal.

User Tag List