Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Gen 3/4 G19 Mag Funnels

Recommendations for Gen 3/4 G19 Mag Funnels

Which aftermarket mag funnels are the way to go? (not specifically in the context of gun games, so lower profile)

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

I have two Suarez Gunfighters that I like. Fairly low profile. They have a CCW profile (no lip) version as well. While I don’t own one myself, I e-know several people who like the Blacklist magwell.

I don’t really know how to a pro/con review of these...they just perform as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 08-14-2019 at 03:30 PM.

When you’re looking at magwells, pay attention to the opening at the back of the backstrap. If made well, you can make a huge ramp back there, others not so much. If you’re looking to go cheaper, the magpul magwell is a fantastic example of good use of the backstrap of the magwell.

I’ve also used some other magwells, like a ZEV that has almost no ramp in the back, because that’s where a screw is to hold the magwell in place.

I’d also recommend you look at the overwatch precision magwell.

Hilton Yam posted some good comparison pictures awhile back as well.
    Last edited by BK14; 08-14-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Most of them are silly and poorly designed imo

They just put a bigger box around the smaller box.

This one actually has a funnel where the butt plug would be - which is the way it should be imo

https://overwatchprecision.com/op-glock-magwell/
    Last edited by Duke; 08-14-2019 at 06:06 PM.

When i was running glocks (a gen-4 19 and an rtf2 17) i used the magpul mag well on each and liked it. It improved reloads in that if i was a bit sloppy, what seemingly would be a bungled reload, was not. What extra length and width it added wasn't enough that it noticeably changed concealability and filled the hole in the back, so one less snag point. Plus they are cheap enough that they don't break the bank if they don't work out.

I'd run them again if i went back to glocks and ran a gen 3 or 4.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 08-14-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I like the Magpul one on my G19.4. I'm not convinced its a huge boon to my reloads, but it doesn't hurt them and the price is right especially if you're considering outfitting multiple guns. I don't really see what a $100 aluminum would do that it doesn't since it has a decent "speed chute" effect at the back (although not as good as epoxying the grip hole and making and actual speed chute).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I have two Suarez Gunfighters that I like. Fairly low profile. They have a CCW profile (no lip) version as well. While I don’t own one myself, I e-know several people who like the Blacklist magwell.

I don’t really know how to a pro/con review of these...they just perform as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just looking for current opinions.

The reason why I inquired is simply because I’m considering picking up either a Gen 5 G19 or G45 and I’d like to have as much commonality between my Gen 3 and my Gen 4 as a I reasonably can.

I’m going to be that guy and post my no experienced based opinion. I’ve looked these over a lot. My hands get in style way of reloads and I always thought a magwell would help keep my mits out of the way. The only one I have a little bit of experience on is the Magpul. I also found it just okay. Felt a little like a Gen 5 with a plug installed. The overwatch looks really well designed. So does the Freya from Raven. They Freya seems to be out of stock for Gen 3’s often. I think Jedi has mentioned that he likes the Zev a lot.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    The reason why I inquired is simply because I’m considering picking up either a Gen 5 G19 or G45 and I’d like to have as much commonality between my Gen 3 and my Gen 4 as a I reasonably can.
    Magpul's will likely be closest to the Gen5 integral magwell. Some of the aluminum ones add weight and look cool but don't work much better than a $6 Pearce plug.

User Tag List