Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reverse-enabling thread

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Ya know, this is not what friends do (be an enabler). Instead, you, Sir, are only strengthening my addiction.

Seriously? Thanks, blues.

Hey, stop bringing it up and I'll stop answering...

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/10186
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You can get a 642 Performance Center (no lock) for not much more than that price. Just sayin'.
    This is the wrong thread for that. Y'all go find one of @Stephanie B's threads if you want to do that stuff.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-15-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This is the wrong thread for that. Y'all go find one of @Stephanie B's threads if you want to do that stuff.
    My sincere apologies.

Site Supporter
    I’m looking for model 10s and 64s for my non gun enthusiast family members. So keep them

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My sincere apologies.
    Apology accepted. Now, to pull my tongue out of my cheek...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Apology accepted. Now, to pull my tongue out of my cheek...
    It was read as such...but before we digress, hopefully you'll be able to make a choice you're comfortable with whichever way you decide to go.

I totally agree with selling. The ones you're considering cutting from the herd 1) Aren't particularly striking a chord/fulfilling your needs; 2) Would require additional resources to make them into acceptable condition/performance parameters for you (and even then you wouldn't have a resonating need for them that isn't adequately fulfilled by what you already have).

My thoughts would be to sell, and invest in either training and/or in similar platforms, such as a 3" GP100 or a 2.75" or the rarer 3" Speed/Service Six. or similarly.

If something isn't particularly working for you, isn't particularly likely to fulfill a current or future need/niche, and isn't likely to significantly increase in its value as an investment (particularly as they are in as-is condition), there's a reason that the "Sell" gong is going off in your head.

The more experienced and older I get, I realize that I have finite amounts of time to devote to my shooting, and it makes sense to more specifically concentrate on fewer guns and platforms, to consolidate and more effectively focus. It's a more effective use of my training tie and resources, and creates a synergy between the platforms and guns that I concentrate on. It also can minimize and consolidate the amounts of support kit (holsters, pouches, speedloaders, et al) needed.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I’m looking for model 10s and 64s for my non gun enthusiast family members. So keep them
    That is one reason I am loathe to liquidate any of my hoard of K frames. If my son ever gets his Maryland HQL one is going to him along with my old agency marked G27. My daughter recently received my old agency marked Glock 22 and has no interest in revolvers. The other reason is I enjoy shooting some of them and at least one stays available at the house ready to go if needed for the Bride.

Reasons for me to own a particular firearm:

1) It is something that fits my needs for self-defense or hunting, and it does so well enough that I will have it prepared to use at virtually all times in the case of self-defense guns.

2) It is a backup to a weapon in the #1 category, with similar/identical functioning.

3)Range "toy"/training -- this covers things that are fun to shoot, and guns that help my hone my marksmanship.

4) It "sparks joy" in terms of historical significance, sheer craftsmanship, family history, or any of a myriad of less than practical concerns.

If it doesn't fit any of the four, I see no reason to not "liberate" the cash I have in it, and put it somewhere it is actually satisfying a need or desire.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Reasons for me to own a particular firearm:

1) It is something that fits my needs for self-defense or hunting, and it does so well enough that I will have it prepared to use at virtually all times in the case of self-defense guns.

2) It is a backup to a weapon in the #1 category, with similar/identical functioning.

3)Range "toy"/training -- this covers things that are fun to shoot, and guns that help my hone my marksmanship.

4) It "sparks joy" in terms of historical significance, sheer craftsmanship, family history, or any of a myriad of less than practical concerns.

If it doesn't fit any of the four, I see no reason to not "liberate" the cash I have in it, and put it somewhere it is actually satisfying a need or desire.
    This one fits #4:

Name:  S&W M&P.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  92.0 KB

It was shipped around the time that my mother was born and, according to the guy who sold it (to the LGS, he was in the store when I bought it), a Jacksonville cop used it to shoot an armed robber. The sights suck and it's not a gun I'd carry. But I smile every time I shoot it.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 08-15-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List