Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reverse-enabling thread

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I’d hang onto the 3” 65, if I were you. The prices are going into nutso range.

(Hell, I’d hang onto them all.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I say own what you want. You can always buy them again. But especially for the 3", you might pay more later.

But for the love of pete, what are these links for $311 642s and $659 M&P 340's?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    blues, first a caution as I'm gonna do what I seem to do too often here: drift the thread. Thanks to you (and a couple links you attached), I've found FFL's where I can buy a 642/no-lock/stainless for $311 or an M&P 340/no-lock_for $659. Also, some time ago, DB proclaimed the M&P 340 was THE j frame. I have fired each gun and feel the M&P 340 with the great front sight and smoother action, even the color - is the ONE for me. I realize the issues with the 642 can be " fixed " for less than the $348 difference, but the reality is I'm only doing this once - don't wanna buy something I might regret later. An opinion, if you please?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Never buy a gun online without checking its UPC at gun.deals.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Last year, I sold off all my "not quite what I want" guns- the various pot metal .22lr cool gun clones and the single action spinny spaghetti gun.

Everything I have now is something I still want, even if I don't shoot it all that much.

I do still prowl the counters of gunshops looking for deals on cool old revolvers and other interesting guns, but it's got to be part of my long term collecting plan.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

If you had a 2" M15 or a 6" M14 I'd be pushing you to sell...to me. M64s, meh, keep them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’d hang onto the 3” 65, if I were you. The prices are going into nutso range.

(Hell, I’d hang onto them all.)
    I have a 3" 65 that I rarely shoot. I find I shoot my 60 and 642 more as I carry them more. I hold on to my 65 because it is a cool gun, its worth what I paid, I doubt I would pay the price they will bring down the road if I chose to replace it.

Site Supporter
    I was pretty much a revolver only guy for a lot of years. I was broke and a j-frame and a model 10 were my guns. I reloaded 38. So it was very budget friendly.

Over the years I picked more revolvers during the Obama years pretty cheap because seemed everyone was getting hi cap autos. So I put a lot in layaway. Now I have maybe 10 revolvers that more or less sit in the safe.

I don't see myself carrying a full size revolver unless there is total ban on pistols at this point.

I see where the OP is coming from but haven't worked myself up to selling them yet. The few that I do shoot I really enjoy shooting them I expect that if I sold off the others I'll regret it at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 08-15-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CTX44 View Post
    I say own what you want. You can always buy them again. But especially for the 3", you might pay more later.

But for the love of pete, what are these links for $311 642s and $659 M&P 340's?

For the M&P340/no lock (103072): smga.com - now says they're out of stock....price still $659.

For the 642/no lock (103810): lockedloaded.com - and..As of 5 minutes ago, the price went to $378.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    For the M&P340/no lock (103072): smga.com - now says they're out of stock....price still $659.

For the 642/no lock (103810): lockedloaded.com - and..As of 5 minutes ago, the price went to $378.
    You can get a 642 Performance Center (no lock) for not much more than that price. Just sayin'.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You can get a 642 Performance Center (no lock) for not much more than that price. Just sayin'.

Ya know, this is not what friends do (be an enabler). Instead, you, Sir, are only strengthening my addiction.

Seriously? Thanks, blues.
    Last edited by 11B10; 08-15-2019 at 08:23 AM.

User Tag List