Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrat Senators tell the Supreme Court to heel

Democrat Senators tell the Supreme Court to heel

This is...insane. Banana Republic type shit.

Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to Supreme Court: ‘Heal’ or face restructuring

Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.
    #RESIST

....and if they refuse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clearly they’re a danger to themselves and others.

Wonder how many of them support red flag law’s for “violent” speech

I don’t think that Clarence Thomas will be cowed by this.
    #RESIST

The more these d-nozzles open their pieholes, the more convinced I become that if they can't heal themselves they will talk themselves irretrievably out of being electable.

They have literally walked off the edge of the cliff. I've never seen anything quite like it.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The more these d-nozzles open their pieholes, the more convinced I become that if they can't heal themselves they will talk themselves irretrievably out of being electable.

They have literally walked off the edge of the cliff. I've never seen anything quite like it.
    It’s a soft war at this point. It’s insane.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s a soft war at this point. It’s insane.
    I think the Dems ought to start holding their meetings here...

Danvers State Hospital was originally called the State Lunatic Asylum at Danvers
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Because you know how you remove political influence from an appointed body? You threaten them if they don't do EXACTLY what your political party tells them to...
    Last edited by Shoresy; 08-13-2019 at 04:54 PM.

The fact that they were actually emboldened enough to send that message is truly frightening.
    Don't underestimate the support that thinly veiled threat has from their followers, the folks over at DU are positively swooning over the thought.

I fear for my Nation.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

It's almost like they know they'll lose that New York gun case...

Edit: Read the brief. Un-fucking-believable.
    Last edited by ssb; 08-13-2019 at 05:04 PM.

User Tag List