Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OWB Quick On/Off Recommendations

Question OWB Quick On/Off Recommendations

I work in a place where carrying, even concealed, is one of those "straight out the door, no appeals if we see a gun" kinda place. I've adapted to this by using quick donning, dual belt snap, holsters (due to my build, OWB is the only comfortable option for me). Over time though the leather relaxes resulting in the actual holster having a tendency to arc outward resulting in really bad printing. I don't like the idea of undoing my belt standing next to the car to don, or remove, a holster which is why I ended up with the ones I have (Bear River and 2nd Kydex/leather hybrid that's not made anymore).

I have a Glock 43 and just got a 43X that prints even worse so I started my search for a new holster. Much to my surprise, I don't see hardly any quick on/off OWB options out there that would address my concerns. I would think a OWB holster with a clip like on IWB holsters would be more common but it's not as far as I can tell. So, what do you guys like for OWB quick on/off holsters?

When I carried OWB, I had a 4.25" Les Baer 1911 and carried in a Mitch Rosen Premier Express at 3:00. It has snaps that make it pretty easy to take on and off.

There is an older thread on this subject:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....f-OWB-Holsters
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 08-13-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

That's a great link. Thanks.

PS - I swear I searched before posting!

Site Supporter
    How about a paddle?

So I really dropped the ball on this and stuck it on the way back burner....and promptly forgot all about it! I have a little time I can devote to this and will make a couple holsters for it and see how it shakes out.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I use Raven QMS on any owb kydex holster I use regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    So I really dropped the ball on this and stuck it on the way back burner....and promptly forgot all about it! I have a little time I can devote to this and will make a couple holsters for it and see how it shakes out.
    FWIW, I would be interested in a quick on/off OWB holster solution as well. Really hoping this pans out!

Great. Thanks. Please post pics when you can. Obviously, I'm very interested. 8-)

Site Supporter
    That would be my fourth PX4 holster from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    How about a paddle?
    I have a Comp Tac international style paddle holster, with the screws tightened down. I could do cartwheels without the pistol moving but can still draw with ease.
    I can take the holster off in about four seconds if I need to.
    I carry and M&Pc without problems so your Glock should be just fine.

https://comp-tac.com/international-h...ster-comp-tac/
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 08-14-2019 at 09:49 AM.

User Tag List