Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NEW Compact Surefire light + Blacked Glock 43x/48 Railed

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I hear later this year, but you didn’t hear it from me.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    I'll have to respectfully disagree (and acknowledge I am a non expert sample of one). And I am always open to gun discourse. My last name isn't Douglas, Ellifritz, Pannone, etc.

I think my wording could have been better, however, it seems to be the general but not universal consensus most forums I have come across, either through words, or better yet, looking at the classifieds sections selling guns. I don't really see anyone searching for gen5 cutout 19 or 17 pistols and I see a lot of people selling them. I would hope this majority isn't just worrying about sensitive fingers.

Furthermore, speaking of factory polymer, I think it's more sensical to user add a cutout as desired, rather than expect people to deal with or patch the cutout if undesired.

I would also have to counter about the snowflakes: It's not the only variable. It seems some users would hang up their magazine insertions on the cutout. Training issue? I'll entertain that, but I want to optimize things when people are trying to kill me.

While I have yet to take a class with a 19 with a cutout, or something like the Glock 47, the Glock 47 approach to the "problem" makes more sense to me as compared to the cutout (I will concede the 47 is a full frame) and I figure customs could have requested one and did not. I like neither at this point in time and purchased a 19.5 MOS FS to test for carry. That is not to say I would not carry a 19 with a cutout. I would.

The RTF2 frame somewhat comes to mind discussing all of this. I'm sure some people like it, but it's now faded away. Glock should put out a good base in which to modify as desired. I don't think the base gun should have a grip cutout. (non expert sample of one etc etc.)

Attachment 49313
    The problem is you’re basing your data on what you see posted on forums. Most armed professionals I’ve encountered in 25 or so years don’t post in forums. I would submit that most of the shooters who hate the cutout are untrained. And most are not carrying the gun into harms way. Have you ever done injured shooter training? I have. With a hand/arm/etc duct taped around a tennis ball. Take a Will Petty class if you want to see what you can and can’t do with a gun. Full disclosure, I’m a certified VCQB Instructor through Will (Centrifuge Training) but I make no money if you take his class. Lots of folks in gunfights get hit in the hand(s). Better to sort out how you make the gun work on a flat range than while trying to save yourself or loved ones.

In all seriousness I’m sure there are some squared away armed professionals who dislike the cutout. But most of the folks I see or hear complain are not. I’d bet most are the “I shot part of a box of ammo through my gun and it was flawless” crowd.

The CBP G47 uses the extra extended magazine base plate as you show. I’ve handled one and don’t care for it because it feels awkward when grabbing a mag for a reload. Another similar option are the Tango Down bass plates. They work fine for openly carried guns (think duty holster) but make the gun wider which can be an issue when concealed.

As for the RTF2, I’m sure if it sold more Glock would’ve made more. They are in the end a business and want to make a profit. But they’ve done some limited releases the last few years and I bet they sold every one they made. If you want to see where they shine, go shoot matches. That’s where you’ll see mine.

Maybe my snowflake comment was overly harsh so I’ll apologize. I just grow tired of folks hating on something that is designed to ensure my colleagues and I get home to our families. Especially when most who complain are likely untrained.

I hear later this year, but you didn’t hear it from me.
    Excellent - thanks!

Other than the mysterious SF light in those pics, what lights will mount to a railed 43/43X? Has anyone seen anything that short?

I put a few thousand rounds through my 19M, which has the cut-out of course, in a short amount of time when it was issued to me. My pinky lays right across the cut-out, but it’s never bothered me at all when shooting. However, I bought one of the new 19.5’s a couple weeks ago, and definitely prefer the way the grip feels in my hand without the cut-out. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That’s hardly a universal view. I see the 19X as better than the G45. And losing the cutout is a bad thing. I view it as Glock giving in to the overly sensitive internet snowflakes with their fragile fingers.
    19X vs G45
    I have both. Really like both. I would be very interested in your reasons for the 19X.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    19X vs G45
    I have both. Really like both. I would be very interested in your reasons for the 19X.
    It’s mostly aesthetic reasons. I prefer earth toned guns to black. I also don’t care for the superfluous front serrations on the G45. Funny enough I do plan to have a stipple master remove the front strap area on the X that hangs down - and in the same move add a half moon cut to improve its usability one handed.

Otherwise I can’t imagine the G45 and 19X would shoot very differently as they are so similar. Have you seen any difference shooting them back to back?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It’s mostly aesthetic reasons. I prefer earth toned guns to black. I also don’t care for the superfluous front serrations on the G45. Funny enough I do plan to have a stipple master remove the front strap area on the X that hangs down - and in the same move add a half moon cut to improve its usability one handed.

Otherwise I can’t imagine the G45 and 19X would shoot very differently as they are so similar. Have you seen any difference shooting them back to back?
    I dunno. Want to prefer the 45 for the cannonball ejection but they are pretty much clones in the shooting. My 19X trigger may be a little smoother in the trigger. I used the 19X hard in a dynamic day of instruction Kevin B delivered last year. It’s not a precision beast like my 1911s but all day I got the center hits I needed working cover and moving and that really endeared it to me.

I wish @PensFan would give up the design reason for the 19X mag well’s front lip. I think it had a purpose.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-01-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I wish @PensFan would give up the design reason for the 19X mag well’s front lip. I think it had a purpose.
    Was told it was to prevent gloves from getting caught between the magazine and pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Was told it was to prevent gloves from getting caught between the magazine and pistol.
    I can live with that.

Site Supporter
    Having come out of the military trials that was always my assumption.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List