Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Compact Surefire light + Blacked Glock 43x/48 Railed

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    1. I'm always interested in smaller lights
    2. I hope the NON-railed 43X and 48 don't disappear
    3. Crimson Trace and Streamlight have demonstrated that you don't HAVE to have a rail to mount a light/laser...but it helps.
    !
    This. Surprised they’re not putting rails on J frames these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    This information may be old or totally wrong but I believe that there is NO US release date as of now.

I believe that the original information regarding these pistols was a flier for an overseas contract or release. I dont know if we are going to see these.

There is no reason why we shouldn't see them but Glock is friggin strange.
    Freaking joy kill. You seriously just pissed in my Cheerios. I hope we'll get lucky it would make sense they would release these after they get killer sales on the black versions of the 43X, 48. It's a killer marketing strategy, sell you one model at a time, one upgrade at a time. After they release the railed version they'll release non railed optic ready, then a railed optic ready version. Absolutely brilliant! !@#$ I'm in for 3.
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.

I called Glock this morning regarding the release date on these and I don't have any inside scoop whatsoever with Glock. Customer Service rep said to try back the end of August for more info, which may have meant "I have no idea at all if/when they will be released in the US" or " I know when they are going to be released in the US but can't say anything". Just some info for you. Hoping it's sooner rather than later so we can get molds going for holsters!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    This information may be old or totally wrong but I believe that there is NO US release date as of now.

I believe that the original information regarding these pistols was a flier for an overseas contract or release. I dont know if we are going to see these.

There is no reason why we shouldn't see them but Glock is friggin strange.
    I think the wrong part is the finish is nDLC not PVD.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Any updates or rumors on this?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the wrong part is the finish is nDLC not PVD.
    True. Calling something a "PVD finish" is a bit of a misnomer, because PVD is the method of application. The actual finish is what is being applied, there are multiple "PVD-applied finishes" out there.

Technically all of the diamond-like carbons are vapor discharge applied finishes. It's really whether or not it is applied by physical vapor (PV) or plasma-enhanced chemical vapor (PECV) approaches.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-07-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has info on these. Also curious about the Surefire light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has info on these. Also curious about the Surefire light.
    Near as I can tell that grainy photo is the only proof that thing exists. Since the various lights they actually showed off at SHOT (months ago) are still not available, I’m not getting excited about this one.

They land here in a week or two. Last I was told, there are no plans for a US launch. Which means probably SHOT Show
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    They land here in a week or two. Last I was told, there are no plans for a US launch. Which means probably SHOT Show
    The railed 43’s or the small SF lights?

User Tag List