Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have been limited to shoulder holsters for a few months

Have been limited to shoulder holsters for a few months

I had abdominal surgery mid December, so I haven’t been able to comfortably belt carry while I heal (which is taking freaking forever.) So, I’ve been restricted to shoulder carry.

Luckily I have two shoulder holsters for when I’m in the Miata, one each for the 26 and 43. They’re atypical, though - Safariland 7053 ALS holsters, but they are surprisingly comfortable and conceal OK since it’s still heavy flannel shirt and coat cover garment season. In warmer weather they are a little bulky for lighter cover garments, but I get by.

I’m thinking I may want to pick up a better shoulder holster for one or both of these guns. I carried J frames in a Ken Null SKR for almost thirty years, but rarely carry a J anymore. I may go back to him for something to fit the 43 to start.

Any other suggestions?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    My suggestion is a Galco Miami Classic. This is my favorite of all the shoulder holsters I have worn. The figure 8 harness really helps get the pressure away from the neck, which is the problem with ANY other style of harness I have tried.

FIST also makes some very interesting shoulder holsters although I have not worn one.

Ken Null makes some upside down holsters for semiautos, using the same harness as for the SKR. I did not care for that harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I used to carry my P7PSP in a Miami Classic, I should look at that - I really liked the easy on and off and how well it could be balanced with offside reloads.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Whelp, once again I have demonstrated that I am a moron, have too much shit or both.

I pulled the big backup box o’ holsters off the shelf to look for my old P7PSP Miami Classic. There it was... along with a brand new G26 holster shell and double mag carrier. I’ll hang them on my old harness.

I must have bought them at some point because they were a good deal. I have no idea when since I didn’t get my first 26 sized Glock (actually a 33) until a few years ago, and this was long before that.
    Ken

Good to hear that worked out! The ONLY shoulder rig I've ever worn with any success for any period of time was the Miami Classic...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Whelp, once again I have demonstrated that I am a moron, have too much shit or both.

I pulled the big backup box o’ holsters off the shelf to look for my old P7PSP Miami Classic. There it was... along with a brand new G26 holster shell and double mag carrier. I’ll hang them on my old harness.

I must have bought them at some point because they were a good deal. I have no idea when since I didn’t get my first 26 sized Glock (actually a 33) until a few years ago, and this was long before that.
    That’s the one I have for my G26. This should be a workable solution for you, and save a bunch of money, too.

WTF? I never knew leather harnesses could shrink so much in 20 years.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    WTF? I never knew leather harnesses could shrink so much in 20 years.
    It’s the humidity. I think that’s why they put those adjustment screws on those harnesses - Galco knows stuff like that happens.

This thread is making me laugh a lot more than I expected. @HeavyDuty

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Ken, if you need it, the null USH/UNS - whatever the damn thing is called, seems to work okay for Glocks. I think the problem with it is, that it is unweighted on the offside, so definitely requires a tie-down.

You still got your old SKR? I know a guy who might need one...

User Tag List