Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NEW Compact Surefire light + Blacked Glock 43x/48 Railed

Site Supporter
    Any updates/rumors on 43X/48 Glocks with rails hitting stateside?

In my opinion Surefire innovates more for the military / legit high end operator / YouTube-Instagram Operators and as such offers products more geared towards that market. Look at how much IR stuff they’ve put out. When it comes to the normal commercial / patrol cop market Streamlight seems to focus more on that. Perhaps that XR1 is plagued with charging/battery issues. These weapons and these wmls aren’t really military-type items. Who knows. I think Glock would have been better off working with Streamlight to bring an ultra-compact rail mounted weapon light to market. Time will tell.

Any idea if the 43X or 48 with the rails will be sold in the USA? I am interested in getting a 43X for a project, but I can wait if the 43X with a rail will be coming soon.

For anyone with buyer's remorse, this thread is a great example of the possible cons with being an early glock adopter:

19x -> G45
    Glock 17M -> 17.5 non cutout?
    Glock 42 -> Glock 43 -> 43 railed (provided you are not into .380)
    Glock 19.5/17.5 with cutout -> non cutout 19.5 or 19.5 MOS FS, etc.

I've switched to the mindset that I am going to wait for the glock I want if it's not yet made (since I already have a solid and proven glock 19), or have it built. Buying and reselling guns along the path to what I want is kind of a pain, at least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    For anyone with buyer's remorse, this thread is a great example of the possible cons with being an early glock adopter:

19x -> G45
    Glock 17M -> 17.5 non cutout?
    Glock 42 -> Glock 43 -> 43 railed (provided you are not into .380)
    Glock 19.5/17.5 with cutout -> non cutout 19.5 or 19.5 MOS FS, etc.

I've switched to the mindset that I am going to wait for the glock I want if it's not yet made (since I already have a solid and proven glock 19), or have it built. Buying and reselling guns along the path to what I want is kind of a pain, at least in my experience.
    That’s hardly a universal view. I see the 19X as better than the G45. And losing the cutout is a bad thing. I view it as Glock giving in to the overly sensitive internet snowflakes with their fragile fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That’s hardly a universal view. I see the 19X as better than the G45. And losing the cutout is a bad thing. I view it as Glock giving in to the overly sensitive internet snowflakes with their fragile fingers.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree (and acknowledge I am a non expert sample of one). And I am always open to gun discourse. My last name isn't Douglas, Ellifritz, Pannone, etc.

I think my wording could have been better, however, it seems to be the general but not universal consensus most forums I have come across, either through words, or better yet, looking at the classifieds sections selling guns. I don't really see anyone searching for gen5 cutout 19 or 17 pistols and I see a lot of people selling them. I would hope this majority isn't just worrying about sensitive fingers.

Furthermore, speaking of factory polymer, I think it's more sensical to user add a cutout as desired, rather than expect people to deal with or patch the cutout if undesired.

I would also have to counter about the snowflakes: It's not the only variable. It seems some users would hang up their magazine insertions on the cutout. Training issue? I'll entertain that, but I want to optimize things when people are trying to kill me.

While I have yet to take a class with a 19 with a cutout, or something like the Glock 47, the Glock 47 approach to the "problem" makes more sense to me as compared to the cutout (I will concede the 47 is a full frame) and I figure customs could have requested one and did not. I like neither at this point in time and purchased a 19.5 MOS FS to test for carry. That is not to say I would not carry a 19 with a cutout. I would.

The RTF2 frame somewhat comes to mind discussing all of this. I'm sure some people like it, but it's now faded away. Glock should put out a good base in which to modify as desired. I don't think the base gun should have a grip cutout. (non expert sample of one etc etc.)

Name:  mdmo0r0ffbr.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  97.3 KB
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 03-01-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'll have to respectfully disagree (and acknowledge I am a non expert sample of one). And I am always open to gun discourse. My last name isn't Douglas, Ellifritz, Pannone, etc.

I think my wording could have been better, however, it seems to be the general but not universal consensus most forums I have come across, either through words, or better yet, looking at the classifieds sections selling guns. I don't really see anyone searching for cutout 19 or 17 pistols and I see a lot of people selling them. I would hope this majority isn't just worrying about sensitive fingers.

Furthermore, speaking of factory polymer, I think it's more sensical to user add a cutout as desired, rather than expect people to deal with or patch the cutout if undesired.

I would also have to counter about the snowflakes: It's not the only variable. It seems some users would hang up their magazine insertions on the cutout. Training issue? I'll entertain that, but I want to optimize things when people are trying to kill me.

While I have yet to take a class with a 19 with a cutout, or something like the Glock 47, the Glock 47 approach to the "problem" makes more sense to me (I will concede the 47 is a full frame).

The RTF2 frame somewhat comes to mind discussing all of this. I'm sure some people like it, but it's now faded away. Glock should put out a good base in which to modify as desired. I don't think the base gun should have a grip cutout. (non expert sample of one etc etc.)
    The cut out is not new. They had them on Gen 1 through early Gen 3. Reloads with the cut out are faster but that isn’t the real purpose. The cut out is primarily for stripping out mags with one hand in extremis. The CBP plates are another way to do this, time will tell how effective it is. Reloads hanging up is an issue more associated with the rear cut out. Hence the popularity of various rear plugs.

Speaking of CBP, There are a lot of serious users who cannot “just add a cut out” or “modify as desired” on issued equipment. Same for stippling, grip reduction, high grip cuts etc. it’s got to be right out of the box.

IMHO, having shot Glocks since 1989, the real improvement in the newer Gen 5 Glocks like the G45 is the new breechface cut opposite the extractor.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The cut out is not new. They had them on Gen 1 through early Gen 3. Reloads with the cut out are faster but that isn’t the real purpose. The cut out is primarily for stripping out mags with one hand in extremis. The CBP plates are another way to do this, time will tell how effective it is. Reloads hanging up is an issue more associated with the rear cut out. Hence the popularity of various rear plugs.

Speaking of CBP, There are a lot of serious users who cannot “just add a cut out” or “modify as desired” on issued equipment. Same for stippling, grip reduction, high grip cuts etc. it’s got to be right out of the box.

IMHO, having shot Glocks since 1989, the real improvement in the newer Gen 5 Glocks like the G45 is the new breechface cut opposite the extractor.
    Yes, I know the cutout is not new. I edited my post to help a little hash out what I was trying to say. I witnessed a lot of people buy a gen5 cutout 19/17 only to turn around and sell it and purchase a gen 5 19/17 without a cutout. Comments were easy to find mentioning they were glad Glock did away with it.

I've read officer complaints/FYI about not being able to modify guns due to various reasons, including department policy for 15+ years. Hypothetically if none of them can modify, is that to say then more LEOs prefer cutout glocks than do not?

If there's a national level trainer out there using a Glock with a cutout for usual carry I would be interested to hear it. I haven't really seen many people asking for the cutout, or using it, or looking to purchase a gun with it who can carry basically anything they would like - national trainers and general shooters.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 03-01-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Site Supporter
    Yes, I know the cutout is not new. I edited my post to help a little hash out what I was trying to say. I witnessed a lot of people buy a gen5 cutout 19/17 only to turn around and sell it and purchase a gen 5 19/17 without a cutout. Comments were easy to find mentioning they were glad Glock did away with it.

I've read officer complaints/FYI about not being able to modify guns due to various reasons, including department policy for 15+ years. I get it as much as I can from where I sit. If there's a national level trainer out there using a Glock with a cutout for usual carry I would be interested to hear it. I haven't really seen many people asking for the cutout, or using it, or looking to purchase a gun with it who can carry basically anything they would like.
    No modifications is not a “complaint” it’s a reality. I would hate to see what modifications the average non gun person cop or soldier would do if left unchecked.

All the DOJ Agencies (other than BOP) and DOD DSS are using M model Glocks with the cut out. They are buying enough guns that they would not have a cut out if the people in the know at these agencies didn’t want it.

The whining about the cut out reminds me of the story of the princess and the pea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Any idea if the 43X or 48 with the rails will be sold in the USA? I am interested in getting a 43X for a project, but I can wait if the 43X with a rail will be coming soon.
    I hear later this year, but you didn’t hear it from me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List