Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soft gun market

Site Supporter
    In many circles revolvers have become trendy again. There is a nostalgia factor too. People use the term cool a lot when describing handguns as in it looks cool. Eventually revolvers will lose the cool factor which will become a Fudd factor(again). This stuff goes in cycles.

You also have to factor in the fact that a lot of older shooters (or their heirs) are selling their collections. Harleys, collectible guitars, muscle cars, and second homes are next.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    You also have to factor in the fact that a lot of older shooters (or their heirs) are selling their collections. Harleys, collectible guitars, muscle cars, and second homes are next.

Okie John
    I work around vintage guitars a lot. We're already seeing the rising of what looks to be the first wave of sell-offs.

And my local credit union hosts a monthly seminar on "How to keep the cabin in the family".
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 08-14-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I work around vintage guitars a lot. We're already seeing the rising of what looks to be the first wave of sell-offs.

And my local credit union hosts a monthly seminar on "How to keep the cabin in the family".
    Yep.

Most LGS and pawnshops know enough to put stuff on GunBroker or at least check there, but a few don't. You're really looking for one who can't tell the difference between a Model 10 and a 38/44 Heavy Duty. Now is an excellent time to bone up on odd guns, develop a corresponding library of references that you can check on your phone, and keep an extra C-note hidden in your wallet for deposits.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Okie John
    Somewhere near here, there's a widow of an HPD officer who not long ago completed her deceased husband's quest of acquiring one of every GP100 spec ever made, according to my local pusher. No info regarding whether she's updated with the 10mm, 7 shots and Super GP100. I'd love to see all those in one place, even if I don't get to buy any.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Judging by the sales on guns and the availability of ammo it seems like we are in a buyers market for guns.
    Largely...but prices on certain items have been creeping up. Good quality AR15's, for example, have gone up in price by a bit.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I don’t know which is worse- grandkids who think they won the lottery or the ones who sell it off for nothing. I just realized the worst - the ones that throw it in the trash and take the guns to the police station to be destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I should have bought another 432 when they were being dumped here for $305. I tried to sell an old Glock 19 and was offered only $200 by someone. I managed to sell it to another for significantly more.

But wait for the Trump Ban Panic. Ivanka is calling Senators to raise support for gun bills.
    It's ironic that Trump will never be the gun salesman Obama was........but he's going to try.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List