Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes guide to dealing with open carriers

Snowflakes guide to dealing with open carriers

The linked article came across my radar from something a buddy responded to via Instagram.

https://medium.com/@SarahWoodwriter/...r-661a1aa46ab2

For those that don't want to click the link, the author asked the question: How do we discern a person who is open carrying from a person about to open fire?

Well, not having the business end of the firearm pointed at you is a pretty clear indicator between someone open carrying and a person about to open fire.

While she’s at it maybe she can ask the following questions as well:

• How do we discern a person who is driving from a person who is driving drunk before they hit us head on?
    • If we see John Wick open carrying a pencil, is he gonna sign his name or stab a mf'er in the neck with it?
    • Will god forgive those of us who ditched the 45acp for 9mm?

She then tweets out the following: "If I see some white dude open carrying a rifle, or for that matter, any gun, I’m going to assume you are hostile and police intervention is needed. How are we as citizens supposed to know the difference between a domestic terrorist and a wannabe vigilante with a small dick?"

Perhaps this lady is worked up because some white dude with a small dick left her unsatisfied? Regardless, I'll be watching to see if crying wolf around open carriers becomes a tactic used by freedom haters after the Missouri Walmart moron was charged with a terroristic threat.

Snowflakes guide to dealing with open carriers:

1. Notice scary gun.
    2. Convince yourself the open carrier has bad intentions and might shoot the joint up.
    3. Cause a scene and/or pull the fire alarm so people run for the hills resulting in police response.
    4. Watch as open carrier is shot by responding police or hauled away in cuffs for making a terroristic threat.
    5. Earn bonus points for live streaming and selling your footage to fake news source.

She then tweets out the following: "If I see some white dude open carrying a rifle, or for that matter, any gun, I’m going to assume you are hostile and police intervention is needed. How are we as citizens supposed to know the difference between a domestic terrorist and a wannabe vigilante with a small dick?"

Am I in the woods, near a sporting goods store or shooting event? If not then,
    Am I near a grocery, church, school, or Walmart? if yes then,

I agree with her. If its out of place with the location then treat it like a potential situation. I am told see something, say something.

Well, not having the business end of the firearm pointed at you is a pretty clear indicator between someone open carrying and a person about to open fire.
    At that point you're kind of dead though.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 08-12-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    I'll be watching to see if crying wolf around open carriers becomes a tactic used by freedom haters after the Missouri Walmart moron was charged with a terroristic threat.
    I hope that drives them to learn to conceal their gat and give up their long gun strut.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Guess if he is any color but white she has nothing to worry about according to her logic. Feel bad for any plain clothes police officer nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated elsewhere

- if you’re open carrying a rifle and your plate Carrier doesn’t say “police” “sheriff” or “swat” and you’re not dressed like nor behaving in a manner consistent with those jobs - I’m likely to toast you also.

I’ve said it before - open carry is fucking weird. And since we think so and are so reactive to it, how can we blame others for not being alarmed ?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I hope that drives them to learn to conceal their gat and give up their long gun strut.
    #MeToo
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Guess if he is any color but white she has nothing to worry about according to her logic. Feel bad for any plain clothes police officer nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plain clothes police walk around with long guns in urban areas?

Good open carry of a long gun.

Bad open carry of a long gun.

Best open carry!

The right to open CARRY is protected by the second amendment. Open CARRIERS are going to ruin things for everyone else. It’s a crappy situation, especially since so few open carriers seem to understand why it’s a bad idea.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The right to open CARRY is protected by the second amendment. Open CARRIERS are going to ruin things for everyone else. It’s a crappy situation, especially since so few open carriers seem to understand why it’s a bad idea.
    It's sort of like the right to vote (for actual non-felonious citizens). Just because they can doesn't mean they should. (In some cases.)

/sarcasm over...kinda
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Best open carry!

AIWB would be weird, tho.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 08-12-2019 at 01:26 PM.

User Tag List