Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palmetto is still stupid cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I actually prefer a more restricted gas system. I want a gun that will work with 5.56, suppressed and unsuppressed. That sometimes comes at the cost of not locking back on empty with low power ammo. I’m ok with that. Way better than an overgassed gun.
    It was more than not locking back, it was inducing malfunctions. Again, I don’t shoot below 556 except for rarely, so it wasn’t worth the time of sending it back since it runs with 556.

My PSA is the only gun I don’t feel bad putting steel ammo through. I don’t even like doing it to my Glocks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    This is why I haven’t loaded a 9mm round in nearly 3 years: cases go for cheap enough that I can’t justify the time. I load for hunting rifles, and 5.56 accuracy loads, and .38/.357. I have loaded tons of 9mm in the past, but back when WalMart sold 100rds of WWB for <$10, I didn’t bother. Even though it’s a lot more than that now, as time got more limited, I started buying 9mm ball by the case instead. Can’t see changing that any time soon, unless training ammo shoots up in price for some reason.

Probably will order another case or two in the near future. And some more cheaper 5.56.
    So you're saying, you don't reload 9mm, but your stockpiling the brass?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Yup, cans upon cans of it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I've got a five-gallon bucket of cleaned 9x19 brass. I really need to order an eight-pound keg of powder, a couple of cases of 124-grain FMJs and another case of small pistol primers and get to work.

I know a guy that scrapped a conex box of mostly 9mm brass. He literally had a ridiculous amount. It wouldn't sell even at scrap prices.

User Tag List