Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Glock 43 Failure to Feed

Well, got it back and ran about 20 mags worth of rounds through it (just cycling, not firing) and it worked every time. That's certainly encouraging. Off to the range tomorrow for live-fire testing.

Regarding the 938, I do want to get a 1911-style gun but not for CCW. When I do it'll be a 5" barrel for range use.

How many rounds through the gun? How old is the recoil spring assembly? What ammo, specifically?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    How many rounds through the gun? How old is the recoil spring assembly? What ammo, specifically?
    Other than the mags and such I reported initially, the gun is completely stock. I don't keep records per se so I initially said it had around a thousand but really it's closer to 500-600 total plus however many I popped off troubleshooting this problem. Of these 90% were FMJs as the range I used to go to doesn't allow HPs. New range, different rules thus I discovered the problem. In no particular order, I tried:

Federal Premium 124gr Hyra-Shoks
    Sig 115gr V-Crown
    Hornady 115gr Critical Defense
    Hornady 135gr Critical Duty Flex Lock
    Speer Gold Dot (I forget the specifics)

I'm going to the range tomorrow to see but it looks promising. They replaced the locking block and the magazine catch release & spring. These would seem to make sense to address their comment about tolerance stack up. If the lock block and barrel stacked up one way and the mag catch the other way I could see how that could cause the bullet to catch the load ramp. Still though, one would think that it wouldn't be quite so fiddly about that.

Anyway, as this post was meant to 1) ask the hive mind to share its wisdom, and 2) to help others in the future who may, as I did, search Google to troubleshoot a problem, I'd say that all the productive responses made it a smash hit.

Thanks a lot fellas!
    Last edited by Pappy35; 09-06-2019 at 08:23 PM.

User Tag List