Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 Failure to Feed

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Did you change the recoil spring?
    I considered it but since I had already placed the order for the magazines getting a new one would be cost + shipping. I get a huge discount with an overnight carrier so I thought I'd send it to Glock and let them tinker with it for about the same out of pocket cost. Besides, I'm good with tools but smithing is not something I'm comfortable with (I know the RSA is just a drop in thing) so every now and then I like an expert to take a look and see what's what. If that doesn't work then I'll get one the next time I order something.

Where do you folks like to go to get parts? Midway?

PS - I'm not so much into this sport that I have all the suppliers figured out - though this forum (or "hive minds" as I like to call whatever forum I'm on) is a big help!
    Last edited by Pappy35; 08-15-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Site Supporter
    I use Brownells with the Edge program. They ship small parts for free without a minimum. The cost is $49 a year and it pays for itself quickly.

Yeah Brownells is great. Also the Glock store itself, go to Glocks website, look to "buy", it'll link you there.

This was my G43. I sent it to Glock. They replaced the mag release I believe and it did improve. It is still not reliable with plus 1 mags with extra power springs. It seems to like my handholds the best form my 650.

Got it back from Glock today. They replaced the slide lock but the nose diving recurred almost immediately. Exactly the same symptoms as before. So now I don't trust the gun and thus to me it's less useful than a paperweight. What to do now? Trade it in on something else? Melt it down and make paperclips out of it?

I'm bad like this, I need to have 100% faith in the thing and now, given its similarity to my new 43X, I don't trust either one.
    Last edited by Pappy35; 08-27-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    Got it back from Glock today. They replaced the slide lock but the nose diving recurred almost immediately. Exactly the same symptoms as before. So now I don't trust the gun and thus to me it's less useful than a paperweight. What to do now? Trade it in on something else? Melt it down and make paperclips out of it?

I'm bad like this, I need to have 100% faith in the thing and now, given its similarity to my new 43X, I don't trust either one.
    If you mentioned this already, disregard.

Have you had other shooters shoot the gun with the same ammo? Results?
    Do you have access to a highly proficient and experienced Glock shooter for such a test?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

No. The issue happens when releasing the slide stop to chamber the first round not when firing. Well, occasionally it'll happen when firing but 99% of the time it happens with the first round. I'm just disappointed that Glock couldn't correct it, or didn't test it enough to reproduce the problem.

The gist of your question is that maybe it's me doing something wrong. I am not dismissing this outright however I've tried holding it limply, using the "slingshot" method of loading the first round, four different magazines and 5 different brands of hollow points. All this probably 300 hundred times now (loading the mag, inserting it, releasing the slide, repeat - concentrate on NOT pulling the trigger!). Another 50-60 times tonight. I'm an engineer and am familiar with statistics. While I haven't kept a written log, I'm pretty confident stating that it does not appear to be any better now than it was before I sent it in. I bought two brand new Glock OEM magazines. Same problem. I could try replacing the RSA but I hate the idea of randomly throwing money at it replacing parts. I'm already out $140 in ammo and mags.

Anyone know of any competent Glock smiths in the Memphis area that could take a crack at it? The only reason I got these was their supposed infallibility. All one ever reads about Glocks is that they'll eat any bullet you throw in it. These are self-defense tools, not range toys. I mean come on, the Continental's Sommelier recommended them for heaven's sake (John Wick reference in case you didn't get it ). Now that that bubble is burst I'm kind of lost...

PS - I got the 43 long before John Wick 2 came out so I really am joking about that just so y'all know.
    Last edited by Pappy35; 08-27-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    No. The issue happens when releasing the slide stop to chamber the first round not when firing. Well, occasionally it'll happen when firing but 99% of the time it happens with the first round. I'm just disappointed that Glock couldn't correct it, or didn't test it enough to reproduce the problem.

The gist of your question is that maybe it's me doing something wrong. I am not dismissing this outright however I've tried holding it limply, using the "slingshot" method of loading the first round, four different magazines and 5 different brands of hollow points. All this probably 300 hundred times now (loading the mag, inserting it, releasing the slide, repeat - concentrate on NOT pulling the trigger!). Another 50-60 times tonight. I'm an engineer and am familiar with statistics. While I haven't kept a written log, I'm pretty confident stating that it does not appear to be any better now than it was before I sent it in. I bought two brand new Glock OEM magazines. Same problem. I could try replacing the RSA but I hate the idea of randomly throwing money at it replacing parts. I'm already out $140 in ammo and mags.

Anyone know of any competent Glock smiths in the Memphis area that could take a crack at it? The only reason I got these was their supposed infallibility. All one ever reads about Glocks is that they'll eat any bullet you throw in it. These are self-defense tools, not range toys. I mean come on, the Continental's Sommelier recommended them for heaven's sake (John Wick reference in case you didn't get it ). Now that that bubble is burst I'm kind of lost...

PS - I got the 43 long before John Wick 2 came out so I really am joking about that just so y'all know.
    Look up Tom Givens in the Memphis Area.
    For over four decades, Tom has provided firearms training to security staff, military personnel, law enforcement officers, and every day citizens with a focus on personal defense. After a 25-year career in law enforcement and specialized security work, Tom opened his own pistol range in Memphis, TN in 1996. For 18 years, it was the primary source of handgun carry permit certification for the greater Memphis area.
    Soon joined by his wife Lynn, the training duo formed Rangemaster Firearms Training Services to share their expertise with a much broader audience. They now travel across the country and around the world to arm responsible citizens with the skills and knowledge they need to effectively protect themselves and their families.
    Tom is certified as a law enforcement firearms instructor by the NRA, the FBI, and the state of Tennessee, and he serves as an expert witness all over the US in cases involving firearms and firearms training. He holds a Master rating in three IDPA Divisions (CDP, ESP and SSP) and has won several state and regional championships. Tom has written well over 100 published magazine articles in SWAT Magazine, Combat Handguns, The American Handgunner and other publications.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Look up Tom Givens in the Memphis Area.
    Rangemaster's site says the business is closed and they've moved to Florida. Thanks though.
    Last edited by Pappy35; 08-27-2019 at 08:47 PM.

You need stiffer mag springs.

Glock doesn't really do single stacks.

User Tag List