Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 Failure to Feed

The issue happens when releasing the slide stop to chamber the first round not when firing.
    It ONLY happens when you release the side lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    It ONLY happens when you release the side lock?
    Note, with a Glock, the slide LOCK is a different part from a slide STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    You need stiffer mag springs.

Glock doesn't really do single stacks.
    I'm open to that. What would you recommend? Springs from +1 or +2 aftermarket mags?

Maybe see if Wolf Gunsprings has some extra power springs for them?

Heck, maybe an aftermarket barrel would help (ever-so-slightly different feed ramp)?

You are not wrong to be expecting and requiring total reliability in a defensive firearm.

So to be clear, this only happens when you hit the slide release to load? Does it happen when you instead grab the slide, overhand, and let it go to load?

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Maybe see if Wolf Gunsprings has some extra power springs for them?

Heck, maybe an aftermarket barrel would help (ever-so-slightly different feed ramp)?

You are not wrong to be expecting and requiring total reliability in a defensive firearm.

So to be clear, this only happens when you hit the slide release to load? Does it happen when you instead grab the slide, overhand, and let it go to load?
    Yes. It happens regardless of the slide-release method though I've tested the mechanical release more than the "slingshot" method. I called Glock and they said they test-fired it about 25 times with no FTF and tried several different types of JHPs. I capture a video of it happening after I got it back but he didn't suggest that I should send it to them for them to view. They did replace the slide release. I explained that it will sometimes go 10-15 repetitions (full mag, load, remove mag, eject the loaded round, reload mag, repeat) before recurring. They sent me a pre-paid return label so I'm going to give them another crack at it. If they can't fix it I'm giving up and getting a different brand (a 1911, H&K or maybe even S&W).

Wolff doesn't give the G43 any love. There's nothing there but thanks for the suggestion. There's a tungsten rod from Glockparts (?) but that's $80 (throwing good money after bad). If it's still NG after its 2nd visit to the mothership, I'll get a recoil spring but that's it after that.

If I need to change brands then I don't know what to do. I bought into Glock for their legendary reliability. If a GLOCK has this many problems what other brand would be better? Grrrr....
    Last edited by Pappy35; 08-28-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    My lgs recently sent back to Glock a gen 5 26 for frequent malfunction. The owner had a sensible no b.s. conversation with a Glock person before it went. The pistol malfunctioned with more than one shooter. Glock replaced the pistol. Glock said that although we can't get it to malfunction, we are replacing the pistol. I was told that Glock techs place pistols in a jig to test them. They do not hold the guns as would a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    Yes. It happens regardless of the slide-release method though I've tested the mechanical release more than the "slingshot" method. I called Glock and they said they test-fired it about 25 times with no FTF and tried several different types of JHPs. I capture a video of it happening after I got it back but he didn't suggest that I should send it to them for them to view. They did replace the slide release. I explained that it will sometimes go 10-15 repetitions (full mag, load, remove mag, eject the loaded round, reload mag, repeat) before recurring. They sent me a pre-paid return label so I'm going to give them another crack at it. If they can't fix it I'm giving up and getting a different brand (a 1911, H&K or maybe even S&W).

Wolff doesn't give the G43 any love. There's nothing there but thanks for the suggestion. There's a tungsten rod from Glockparts (?) but that's $80 (throwing good money after bad). If it's still NG after its 2nd visit to the mothership, I'll get a recoil spring but that's it after that.

If I need to change brands then I don't know what to do. I bought into Glock for their legendary reliability. If a GLOCK has this many problems what other brand would be better? Grrrr....
    I wouldn’t bother with a tungsten rod or any other major changes like that. GS has extra power mag springs that may be worth a try: https://www.glockstore.com/Extended-...Spring-For-G43

I don’t know if you mentioned upthread or not, but which version magazines do you have? There was at least one change during production, but it was a few years ago. Edit - NM, saw you addressed this above.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-28-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with a tungsten rod or any other major changes like that. GS has extra power mag springs that may be worth a try: https://www.glockstore.com/Extended-...Spring-For-G43

I don’t know if you mentioned upthread or not, but which version magazines do you have? There was at least one change during production, but it was a few years ago. Edit - NM, saw you addressed this above.
    Thanks for the hint. I saw those springs at the Glockstore but I counted them out earlier because I have stock mags but if Glock can't do anything then I might just go ahead and get one, and a RSA. Then I'm done.

If the gun isn't working reliably, I'd move on.

There are other good options out there.

It's just frustrating to have an undiagnosed problem. The "not-knowing-why" is annoying.

I look forward to how this thread works out and if a different gun is later chosen, what handgun it turns out to be.

Pappy35, do you yet have a list of what alternatives might be considered?
    Last edited by L-2; 08-28-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    Thanks for the hint. I saw those springs at the Glockstore but I counted them out earlier because I have stock mags but if Glock can't do anything then I might just go ahead and get one, and a RSA. Then I'm done.
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't follow the G43 as I don't own one, but I haven't heard many negative reports about reliability. Maybe this time when you talk to Glock, ask them what they might be doing when they shoot it that you aren't. If they still don't come through, you might have a look at the Walther PPS M2 or the S&W Shield...which I can vouch for as mine has never failed to run...sample of one and all.
    Last edited by Redhat; 08-28-2019 at 05:51 PM.

User Tag List