Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightstick TCM-550xl

Nightstick TCM-550xl

Anybody have experience with these? Georgia State Patrol is issuing these on their G45s. Looks like the size/profile of a TLR-7 but with Surefire style switches.

Yes, good to go.

What type of info are you looking for?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Fits the Tenicor SAGAX Lux no problem. Seems to be a nice light with easy to hit switches. The plastic housing where the light switches are seems to be a very lightweight/cheap material but held up at my first range trip no problem. The light switches are almost too easy to hit as the spring resistance is nearly zero. At least I don't need to alter my shooting grip like the TLR 7 side button or super stiff X300U switches. Not that big of a fan of the "reactiveness" of the light switches though. Turning on the light happens immediately, but there's about a quarter of a second delay when you turn it off physically that the light turns off.

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    Fits the Tenicor SAGAX Lux no problem. Seems to be a nice light with easy to hit switches. The plastic housing where the light switches are seems to be a very lightweight/cheap material but held up at my first range trip no problem. The light switches are almost too easy to hit as the spring resistance is nearly zero. At least I don't need to alter my shooting grip like the TLR 7 side button or super stiff X300U switches. Not that big of a fan of the "reactiveness" of the light switches though. Turning on the light happens immediately, but there's about a quarter of a second delay when you turn it off physically that the light turns off.
    That's...a dumb design.

If i turn my light off, i want it off now...not in a quarter second.

Any chance you can upload video of this?

Supposedly, we as an agency are going to this brand of light at the end of the year to go along with our new G45s. If anyone else with real world use can offer up pros, cons, links.....whatever.....I'd appreciate it. PMs are fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Supposedly, we as an agency are going to this brand of light at the end of the year to go along with our new G45s. If anyone else with real world use can offer up pros, cons, links.....whatever.....I'd appreciate it. PMs are fine too.
    I'm working on a write up
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    That's...a dumb design.

If i turn my light off, i want it off now...not in a quarter second.

Any chance you can upload video of this?
    It's hard to notice unless you're looking for it. I think it also depends on how much pressure you're applying to the light switch. It turns the light off nearly instantly with less pressure, but when pressing against it harder (normal pressure) it has that slight delay. I'm hoping that the GIF link works to show the slight delay. Kind of annoying but I think the positives of the form factor and switch ergonomics outweighs it.

https://imgur.com/a/aTA6sLS
    Last edited by dfeder530; 08-15-2019 at 11:48 AM.

What's the difference between the XL and the XLS?

And disregard. S has Strobe. Google is my friend!
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 08-15-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    We have one of these, and their larger lights, for T&E. I also find the "off" delay mildly annoying, but it is like .25 sec. Have not heard of anyone using them in a serious, professional setting. Switching is superior to the XC-1 and Gen1 TLR7, though.

Site Supporter
    If one of these lights is mounted on a Glock and holstered, how much space results between the holster and trigger area? Is the trigger area still adequately protected by the holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List