Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need some help identifying an older S&W .32 revolver

My bride of greater than 30 years has recently decided she wants to learn to shoot
    If there is anything better for a beginner than a two pound .32, I can't think of it offhand.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    If there is anything better for a beginner than a two pound .32, I can't think of it offhand.
    I agree 100%. Unfortunately my bride has hands too small to adequately reach the trigger and maintain a safe grip on this revolver, that coupled with upper body and grip weakness... she has myriad chronic health issues. She can't cycle the trigger DA on any revolver I own as well.
    Not to drift too far off on this, but she handled, dry fired and shot several handguns at our local indoor range (It's a Point Blank range and they treat us incredibly well). She choose and purchased an EZ .380 which was the only autoloader out of several she tried that she could manipulate. I don't think I have to worry about her getting killed in da streetz with it LOL. it beats the heck out of a sharp stick and she's coming along nicely and is dedicating herself to dry fire (with me assisting) 2-3 times/week and weekly range sessions... hence my limited shooting time. But I'd rather dedicate/allocate my time to teaching her.
    I am going to borrow our Son's Hi Standard .22 revolver for her to try... but want to slowly introduce things to her. My enthusiasm, as with most of us, can be overwhelming to new shooters at times and I don't want to do anything that would murk the waters for her at this point. It's taken 31 years to get this far.

Sorry for the drift. I'm just really pleased to be able to share my love of shooting with her. She's tolerated me running all over the country to training events for decades now. I owe her.

Back to the .32 S&W. I picked up a couple of boxes of Fiocchi 32 S&W "short" 100 gr WC ammo to try in this revolver. Good grief! That ammo is incredibly accurate in this old gun and softer recoiling than .22 LR. I'll be working up some loads using that brass as well.

This pics is from 5-7 yds. The gun is obviously more accurate than I am! All in time...

Name:  32 S&W with 32 Shorts 23 Sept 2019.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  38.5 KB

Fiocchi 32 S&W "short" 100 gr WC
    Never saw a wadcutter in .32 S&W, all I know are .32 S&W Long. What have we got here?

Most European 25 metre target pistols are made for .32 S&W Long wadcutters.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 10-02-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Never saw a wadcutter in .32 S&W, all I know are .32 S&W Long. What have we got here?

Most European 25 metre target pistols are made for .32 S&W Long wadcutters.
    I'm glad you asked Jim. I was wrong. They are .32 S&W wadcutters. but not "short". My mind was playing tricks on me. But they are quite accurate nonetheless.
    Their recoil impulse is less than my handloads. I'm curious as to what powder they are using. More than likely a proprietary mixture. But if anyone knows please chime in.

Here's a pic of the box. They are slightly recessed.

Attachment 43191

User Tag List