Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Current state of 7.62 Silencers (Cans, suppressors, whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    I thought I was clear in my previous posts.

I don't own a YHM can.

Are you only looking for opinions of people who own a YHM can, 7.62 or otherwise?
    You weren’t clear actually, at all. Hence my post.

You just drone on and on and on about nothing, shitting in the thread, trolling everyone to respond to you.

It’d be great if a mod could just come delete all this bullshit from your first post and everyone (including me) that responded to you, since we have now finally uncovered the fact that you have zero relevant commentary.

ETA:
    In case a mod is thinking of helping us out on this, there’s even a thread for it so that precious can continue to air his unvaluable opinions without mucking it up for the rest of us
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....on-t-add-value

Until that time I’ll have to just settle for the ignore button.
    Last edited by rob_s; 09-07-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’m obviously not Rob, but he seems to be looking for input on 7.62 cans. Here at P-F most of us don’t trash a company or product we’ve never used. We prefer informed opinions to rumors.
    I've never "trashed" a company or product I didn't have first hand knowledge of. I don't have brand loyalty just for brand loyalty's sake.

I provided an informed opinion. It was rejected. I promise I will not provide any more in this post, or probably many others.

I've learned my lesson. Here at P-F, most prefer if you do not provide an opinion (in threads asking for opinions), unless those opinions match their opinions.
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 09-07-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

I just swapped out the ASR flash hider and mount on my Omega to a Q Cherry Bomb and Plan B. It's definitely a superior system to the ASR. Simple direct thread now, with no locks and teeth to strip. I didn't shoot it a bunch, just enough to adjust for the zero shift, because it was hotter than hell today. I didn't really bear down on it when I tightened it, but it never backed off, and was easy to get off when done. The ASR was a PITA to get off almost every time.

I opted for the Q parts mostly for simplification (direct thread), weight savings (almost 3 ounces lighter at the muzzle, where it counts most), and it took about 5/8" off the OAL of the can/rifle combo (best I can tell). The weight difference was noticeable. Overall, I'm both impressed and very happy with the Q bits.

Thanks to @Hansohn Brothers for the Cherry Bomb. Would have grabbed both from them, but they were out of stock on the Omega Plan B when I looked. I'll likely pick up a 5/8x24 Cherry Bomb for my Tikka T3x CTR just to simplify things (instead of swapping to the SiCo direct thread mount), as well as a Omega 7.62 end cap. Will likely wait to see what's what on Black Friday.

Last edited by StraitR; 09-08-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Are you losing THAT much sound reduction with the K over the S or L? I've got a 12.5" 5.56 rifle that I'm considering slapping a K on but am also considering a can for a 9" .300BLK. With the 9" barrel I may open to a longer can if the greater sound reduction was worth it. I mean first and foremost I'm buying the silencers to make my rifles quieter. Is the K quiet enough?

I just ordered a Liberty Infiniti X.

Thankfully my dealer is local and I’ll get a chance to shoot it while it’s in NFA jail. Hoping this 7.7oz sweetheart is perfect for my Ruger GSR. Fingers crossed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Are you losing THAT much sound reduction with the K over the S or L? I've got a 12.5" 5.56 rifle that I'm considering slapping a K on but am also considering a can for a 9" .300BLK. With the 9" barrel I may open to a longer can if the greater sound reduction was worth it. I mean first and foremost I'm buying the silencers to make my rifles quieter. Is the K quiet enough?
    In my opinion only, the Sandman-K is not the ideal suppressor for 300 blackout. I have an S and a K, and the K lives on a 13.7 5.56 most of the time, where it does very well. The difference to me between the S and K on blackout is significant; the S sounds pretty good, the K is really loud, even louder than my Omega 9k. The sandman line seems to do better on bigger rounds like 308 and especially 300 win mag, but blackout sound better through the sig cans, the omega, Q cans, etc. to me.

The big advantage of the Sandman line is they are absolute tanks-I've shot back to back magpul D50s with one on the gun with no problems, but that extra weight and durability is sort of lost with blackout: it just doesn't need it.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone here have any direct experience with the Dead Air Wolverine, particularly vs other 7.62 cans?

I've got a few AK's and I love the idea of one can to run on them all (no Tolkien intended) but I'd much rather buy one can that works well on other 7.62 options without any sacrifices to make it AK-friendly.

Specifically - assuming the concentric muzzle thread issue is addressed and mounts are available, is there any real advantage to using the Wolverine? Or would the Wolverine work just as well as, say, a Energetic Vox or Sandman S overall across the spectrum of AR/AK/bolt gun duties?

User Tag List