Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of 7.62 Silencers (Cans, suppressors, whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    On paper, the Thunderbeast Arms Ultra 7 seems like a good set of specs. Am I correct in assuming that this would not be considered a "hard use" can due to the materials?

It seems to tick a lot of boxes, and my days of worrying about firing hundreds or thousands of rounds through an AR in a day (suppressed or otherwise) are probably behind me.

any compatibility with the KeyMo mounts?

No, the TBAC is either a direct thread, or mounts using a TBAC brake.

TBAC says to keep their cans under 800 degrees F, IIRC.

You can see the videos on YouTube where Ray Sanchez tests out the cans to see what that means practically. Basically, it gives you a mag dump, and change.

Primarily, TBAC makes *precision* cans, which are definitely not intended for heavy semi-auto use. If you were looking for a heavier duty 5.56 offering, check out the TBAC TD 5.56, which was designed for the SURG program trials - the price is right, also.

What’s the word on the Trash Panda? I’m digging the muzzle device and that each can ships with 2 (one for 5.56 and one for .30 cal bbls).

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What’s the word on the Trash Panda? I’m digging the muzzle device and that each can ships with 2 (one for 5.56 and one for .30 cal bbls).
    Based upon the unresponsiveness of their customer service department, I’d take a hard pass.

I’m still waiting to hear back from them...from when I reached out weeks ago.

Liberty Mystic X.

One stop shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Liberty Mystic X.

One stop shopping.
    Do you have one? If so, how many rounds through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Do you have one? If so, how many rounds through it?
    Multiple thousands of .38/.357/.357Max, thousands of 9mm full auto, thousands of 5.56 in semi & full auto, same with .300blk, maybe 500 rounds of 7.62x51 from a bolt gun. It is THE Swiss Army knife of cans. A mystic x plus a good lightweight user serviceable rimfire can, covers a ridiculous number of bases.

Liberty Mystic X.

One stop shopping.
    Multiple thousands of .38/.357/.357Max, thousands of 9mm full auto, thousands of 5.56 in semi & full auto, same with .300blk, maybe 500 rounds of 7.62x51 from a bolt gun. It is THE Swiss Army knife of cans. A mystic x plus a good lightweight user serviceable rimfire can, covers a ridiculous number of bases.
    Interesting.

So they are advertising the Mystic X with an "upgrade option" to go to the Infiniti X, which appears to be basically the same can but with Ti internals instead of the SS internals of the Mystic.

I'll admit to being somewhat confused, again, by the mounting options. Looks like you replace the rear cap with the mounting option of your choosing for your given application? I see a Booster Assembly, a 3-lug mounts, fixed barrel adapters, low profile fixed barrel adapters, the Freedom Mag QA Mount (5.56 or 7.62 muzzle brake, unsure what can this is compatible with), the LS2 556 Flash Hider (in 5.56 only, again not sure what can this mates up to), the LS1 Muzzle Brake (which appears to be a 7.62 only brake for the Sovereign suppressor)...

The latter two leading me to go looking for the Sovereign which appears to be a rifle-only can while the Mystic and Inifiniti are rifle and pistol caliber...? And it appears that the Sovereign takes the LS1 brake mount for 7.62 and the LS2 flash hider mount for 5.56 but doesn't offer a 5.56 brake or 7.62 hider mount...?

I’m not the tactical type, and I don’t own a plate carrier.... but I have emptied a mag at a pack of hogs running across a field a few dozen times. So you may be looking for something different than me. But with that being said, I absolutely LOVE my TBAC Ultra 5. It’s only 5” long, weight is in the single digit ounces, and it makes all my rifles close enough to hearing safe to make me comfortable. And yes, TBAC reputation for repeatability does apply. They are often considered just in the precision community, and that reputation is well deserved. But I sure do like mine on the 12” 6.8 SBR too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't own one, but it would be hard for me to buy anything else at this point than Q's offerings mostly due to weight. Obviously not the first choice for mag dumps or machine guns. The only thing I don't like about the mount is that I don't want a brake on short barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Less about my specific "questions" and meant as more of a "current state of" thread as the "Current State of AK" thread has turned into quite a good long-term resource.

The Dead Air Sandman-K does seem to tick a lot of the boxes. I wish the Sandman-S was lighter.
    Big +1 to @LittleLebowski statement about not going wrong with Dead Air. Very impressed with their stuff.

The Sandman-K is great. The Sandman-S can be hefty so if you're not doing FA fire (or mag dumps for the gram) I recommend the DA "Nomad-30."

@Hansohn Brothers I wouldn't touch anything YHM with a 10-foot pole... especially if I have to pay for it.
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 08-26-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List