Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Current state of 7.62 Silencers (Cans, suppressors, whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really hope that YHM releases a Resonator K (.30). Their Turbo K (5.56) is selling like hotcakes and for good reason.
    A 6" OAL QD Resonator-K would be pretty awesome, particularly if it came in around 12 oz.

I suppose if there was a way to convert it to KeyMo that would really make folks happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    A 6" OAL QD Resonator-K would be pretty awesome, particularly if it came in around 12 oz.

I suppose if there was a way to convert it to KeyMo that would really make folks happy.
    I know you like bigger companies, but the Vox S is 12.4 oz with direct thread, 5.9", and KeyMo compatible.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    I don't have one of their suppressors, but I have run into a few of their other products.

Personally, I would not recommend a YHM product to anyone I care about because of their design choices and what I see as QA/QC issues. If a company makes a less-than AR pattern rifle, I am not interested in their suppressors especially in a saturated market.

If you've had awesome experiences with YHM that's awesome. Maybe they have the suppressor game figured out and everyone else just hasn't noticed yet.

I'm just not willing to roll the dice based on what I've seen (and heard) especially with so many other viable and verifiable options out there.

Why risk a possibly janky product when there are known alternatives? It's the American way to just do better.
    Gotcha.

Ain’t got no dog in this fight, just very curious after you made your original statement, as it does not coincide with what I’ve heard from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Gotcha.

Ain’t got no dog in this fight, just very curious after you made your original statement, as it does not coincide with what I’ve heard from others.
    +1 on the "no dog part." If others have it and it's the bee's knees then that's awesome for them. I'm still not buying.

I was just providing my opinion as I thought the thread was looking for it. I stand by my opinion that YHM is sub-par.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I mean no offense, but this reads like you're recommending against a Corvette because a friend of yours had a 1995 Cavalier that was a piece of crap, so all things GM suck and it's un-American to buy something inexpensive.

If you have genuine experience of any kind with a YHM Suppressor I'd be interested in hearing it. I have two friends with YHM suppressors, one a 556 Turbo-K that has spent its whole ~6k round count life on an 11.5in AR with a binary trigger, and had no issues. Another with a 5.56 Turbo on a pinned/welded 14.5in M4gery that has seen less vigorous usage, but still has had no issues. No problems with mounts, no problems period beyond the typical gas blowback inherent on DI AR's with suppressors.

Given the $200 tax involved and the wait time, I've noticed that any given company making suppressors tends to pay even more attention to QC/QA vs their Non-NFA accessories, etc.
    Critical thinking and deductive reasoning do not require me to physically possess something in order to form an educated opinion. Doesn't mean my opinion is right, but it sure doesn't mean you're right either.

Stating that I believe buying something "inexpensive" is "un-Amercian" is a pretty bold straw man. The American way is to demand better at the best price. What it is not is to demand "meh..." at the cheapest price. There is a difference.

Assuming a company will do an extra good job because the consumer has to spend $200 extra and wait for a long time is a weird assertion, no offense.

Side bar, and I know this isn't the "want to sell" thread, but I do have some "genuine experience of any kind" with Lorcins. I've seen them work a lot. How many would you like to order...? I'll even charge you an extra $200 and make you wait 14 months so you'll know the QA/QC is real good.

FWIW, I don't care what legal things you purchase with your hard earned dollars. To say otherwise would be un-American. But I have my opinion and since this thread was looking for those I decided to offer mine. I wasn't looking to convert those who have already made up their minds.
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 09-05-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Site Supporter
    Critical thinking and deductive reasoning do not require me to physically possess something in order to form an educated opinion. Doesn't mean my opinion is right, but it sure doesn't mean you're right either.

Stating that I believe buying something "inexpensive" is "un-Amercian" is a pretty bold straw man. The American way is to demand better at the best price. What it is not is to demand "meh..." at the cheapest price. There is a difference.

Assuming a company will do an extra good job because the consumer has to spend $200 extra and wait for a long time is a weird assertion, no offense.

Side bar, and I know this isn't the "want to sell" thread, but I do have some "genuine experience of any kind" with Lorcins. I've seen them work a lot. How many would you like to order...? I'll even charge you an extra $200 and make you wait 14 months so you'll know the QA/QC is real good.

FWIW, I don't care what legal things you purchase with your hard earned dollars. To say otherwise would be un-American. But I have my opinion and since this thread was looking for those I decided to offer mine. I wasn't looking to convert those who have already made up their minds.
    Precision in language is important. That's why I started my repsonse how I did ('this reads like') - I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I was telling you what you had communicated to me with the way you said it.

Deduction is something that's done within the limits of the data and on the subject matter reflected in those data. Extrapolation, supposition, and assumptions are what's made outside of those data.
    Nobody else here was talking about YHM's other products, or Lorcins, or anything else, strictly suppressors.

I've fired two different weapons with YHM suppressors, one many times, and I was impressed enough that I'll buy one when I 'can'... no pun intended. I shared that experience and didn't present it as anything that it wasn't. I believe the American way is to buy good stuff for a fair price with money earned for an honest job done. I try to spend my money earned on stuff made by other Americans. At least one YHM Turbo-K is in my future. I believe that it absolutely meets your standard of 'demanding the better for the best price' among a field of other sub $250 suppressor options, $1200+ Surefires, and everything else in between.

For a 30 cal option, the two frontrunners in my mind are the Energetic Vox-S and half of Dead Air Armament's catalog. If YHM makes a Resonator-K, that'll be a damn tempting option too.

Do you have any relevant suppressor experience to contribute?

So, then, no actual experience with YHM cans, 7.62 or otherwise?

I’m just trying to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

Do you have any relevant suppressor experience to contribute?

Yes. I like Surefire, Dead Air, and Silencerco. Where do I send my resume to make sure my experience is relevant enough to contribute my opinion?

Also, is this same line of questioning/opinion vetting being given to everyone who offered an opinion that did not directly support YHM?
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 09-06-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So, then, no actual experience with YHM cans, 7.62 or otherwise?

I’m just trying to be clear.
    I thought I was clear in my previous posts.

I don't own a YHM can.

Are you only looking for opinions of people who own a YHM can, 7.62 or otherwise?
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 09-06-2019 at 08:50 PM.

I thought I was clear in my previous posts.

I don't own a YHM can.

Are you only looking for opinions of people who own a YHM can, 7.62 or otherwise?
    I’m obviously not Rob, but he seems to be looking for input on 7.62 cans. Here at P-F most of us don’t trash a company or product we’ve never used. We prefer informed opinions to rumors.

User Tag List