Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT 1301...HAWT!

Broke down and ordered one... now I need another red dot... I have to stop coming here and avoid Instagram... lol

Ohh and light... what’s everyone’s favorite light/mount combo for their shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Since we're now discussing it, I'd be very interested in LTT coming in here and explaining what they are doing that makes the LTT 1301 922(r) compliant with the mag tube extension. I've studied that with respect to the 1301. By my count, the buttstock, handguard and mag follower only get the count down to 11 parts.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....490#post709490
    Because according to the letter from the ATF in my file cabinet, the 1301 Tactical and 1301 Comp only have 13 parts total. One of those parts is the magazine follower according to them. We are only using 10 imported parts by their count to build this shotgun.

Hope that clears things up.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Broke down and ordered one... now I need another red dot... I have to stop coming here and avoid Instagram... lol

Ohh and light... what’s everyone’s favorite light/mount combo for their shotgun?
    I really like the TRL-1 HL on the 1301. MagPul makes some nice MLOK rails that fit nicely on the forend that will take all kinds of lights. I am playing with one of their Cantilever Rail/Light mounts right now and it works pretty slick on that forearm.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I really like the TRL-1 HL on the 1301. MagPul makes some nice MLOK rails that fit nicely on the forend that will take all kinds of lights. I am playing with one of their Cantilever Rail/Light mounts right now and it works pretty slick on that forearm.
    Any chance we can see a Pic of that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Any chance we can see a Pic of that, please?
    Name:  IMG_8782.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  26.8 KB
    Just the mount

Name:  IMG_8783.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  31.7 KB
    With the TRL-1 HL. It is pretty easy to run the light with your thumb.

Name:  IMG_8784.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  31.3 KB
    This is a much better configuration for me as it puts my hand in the right place on the forend. With the Pic rail mounted directly to the forend, I have to move my hand back to an unnatural position to run the light.

Name:  IMG_8785.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  30.0 KB
    With more of a Scout type light

I am still trying to come up with the optimum mount for a light, but this is so much better than what I had before.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

This is a much better configuration for me as it puts my hand in the right place on the forend. With the Pic rail mounted directly to the forend, I have to move my hand back to an unnatural position to run the light.

I am still trying to come up with the optimum mount for a light, but this is so much better than what I had before.
    Nice! I don't have the forend yet so I can't experiment, but my idea was to run a TLR with the tape switch, mounting the light to the right side of the Nordic clamp and the pressure pad on the left side of the forend, right where your thumb is resting.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 08-27-2019 at 01:58 PM.

I picked up one of Arisaka’s M-Lock Scout mounts... I’m worried that I should have gone with an in-line Mount to move the light farther forward already, and I haven’t gotten it yet. lol

How is riding your thumb on a push button capped light under 12 Gauge recoil? I’m picturing that in my head... lol I’ve never run a long gun with a light on it...

Name:  IMG_8782.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  26.8 KB
    Just the mount

Name:  IMG_8783.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  31.7 KB
    With the TRL-1 HL. It is pretty easy to run the light with your thumb.

Name:  IMG_8785.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  30.0 KB
    With more of a Scout type light

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I picked up one of Arisaka’s M-Lock Scout mounts... I’m worried that I should have gone with an in-line Mount to move the light farther forward already, and I haven’t gotten it yet. lol

How is riding your thumb on a push button capped light under 12 Gauge recoil? I’m picturing that in my head... lol I’ve never run a long gun with a light on it...
    The button is not bad on the scout light. I don't really have my thumb straight like that.

The lever on the TRL1 is not fun in recoil if you leave it behind it when the gun fires. You can just turn it on and leave it on and not leave you thumb on the lever.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

There are better options from IWC utilizing the MLOK points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    There are better options from IWC utilizing the MLOK points.
    I have seen their stuff online but never used it before. Can you elaborate on what makes their stuff better?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List