Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: LTT 1301...HAWT!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Because according to the letter from the ATF in my file cabinet, the 1301 Tactical and 1301 Comp only have 13 parts total. One of those parts is the magazine follower according to them. We are only using 10 imported parts by their count to build this shotgun.
    Would you (or anyone) be up for sharing the exact list of 10 imported parts?

Also, I have a related question I'm hoping someone could confirm. If I skip the +2 extension tube, then I bypass 922 entirely since I'm not exceeding 5 rounds? That means I could add any combination of the following without any isuse. Am I interpreting that correctly?

1. Streamlight light mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G61K74

2. Magpul stock w/ Aridus Industries Stock Adapter

3. Aridus CROM Mount (Rob Haught Version)

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Would you (or anyone) be up for sharing the exact list of 10 imported parts?

Also, I have a related question I'm hoping someone could confirm. If I skip the +2 extension tube, then I bypass 922 entirely since I'm not exceeding 5 rounds? That means I could add any combination of the following without any isuse. Am I interpreting that correctly?

1. Streamlight light mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G61K74

2. Magpul stock w/ Aridus Industries Stock Adapter

3. Aridus CROM Mount (Rob Haught Version)
    Correct.

Just placed one on pre-order should be here in October. I have wanted one for some time, look forward to getting it in hand.

Does anyone have pics of the sight picture with the Haught Crom mod as well as their opinion of it versus the standard ghost ring when used with a RDS? I'm leaning towards the Haught Mod but it would be nice to see what it actually looks like first. My google search for such a thing has been fruitless.

I just picked mine up yesterday and I went with the traditional ghost ring and I'm going to add the RDS later. I'm curious to see why some pick one over the other. I had a hard time choosing but I knew it would be later on for the RDS so I just went ghost ring.

I will tell you have I have had two Benelli M4s and this shotgun is much lighter, fits me better, has a very smooth action and I don't have to spend a great deal of money to get it where I want, LTT 1301 out of the box is ready to go.

I'm ready to get it to the range next weekend, more to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Does anyone have pics of the sight picture with the Haught Crom mod as well as their opinion of it versus the standard ghost ring when used with a RDS? I'm leaning towards the Haught Mod but it would be nice to see what it actually looks like first. My google search for such a thing has been fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I just picked mine up yesterday and I went with the traditional ghost ring and I'm going to add the RDS later. I'm curious to see why some pick one over the other. I had a hard time choosing but I knew it would be later on for the RDS so I just went ghost ring.

I will tell you have I have had two Benelli M4s and this shotgun is much lighter, fits me better, has a very smooth action and I don't have to spend a great deal of money to get it where I want, LTT 1301 out of the box is ready to go.

I'm ready to get it to the range next weekend, more to follow.
    Very cool!! Looks like you got it way ahead of schedule. I really look forward to hearing your report on it. When I order, I also plan on eventually a RDS, but I may run just irons for a while. Especially since I like the idea of those cool tritium Chevron front sights you can get to go with the ghost rings. But definitely interested in hearing more from folks with time on these different sights. After I made my post, I realized that LTT is not currently taking any more pre-orders, so I don't know when I will be getting one in the first place.

Call LTT on the phone about the ordering. When I placed mine the website said the same and it has a set number and then takes off the pre-ordering. I'm pretty sure they will still take your money, lol. Good luck and from just handling the shotgun it was well worth the money. Range time will be the true test.

Very cool!! Looks like you got it way ahead of schedule. I really look forward to hearing your report on it. When I order, I also plan on eventually a RDS, but I may run just irons for a while. Especially since I like the idea of those cool tritium Chevron front sights you can get to go with the ghost rings. But definitely interested in hearing more from folks with time on these different sights. After I made my post, I realized that LTT is not currently taking any more pre-orders, so I don't know when I will be getting one in the first place.

Shitty phone pics but it's something, hopefully anyway... It's damn hard to get a phone camera to capture the sight picture.
    For use with an RDS I'm very pleased with the Haught Mod... It's invisible while using the dot and very usable with the front iron. My eye has no trouble centering the front post in the half circle just as if it was a full circle. If this was irons only I would want the full circle because it's probably a bit faster as it gives your eye more to work with, but for BUIS I prefer the cleaner view through the window.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Shitty phone pics but it's something, hopefully anyway... It's damn hard to get a phone camera to capture the sight picture.
    For use with an RDS I'm very pleased with the Haught Mod... It's invisible while using the dot and very usable with the front iron. My eye has no trouble centering the front post in the half circle just as if it was a full circle. If this was irons only I would want the full circle because it's probably a bit faster as it gives your eye more to work with, but for BUIS I prefer the cleaner view through the window.

Thanks so much! That does help me get a better idea of it. So I assume you align the tip of the front sight with the tips of the rear U, as those would be the "middle" of the ghost ring/peep? That does reinforce my theory that I'd prefer the GR if planning on no optic, but a nice, less cluttered view with RDS.

The other piece I have to figure out is which optic footprint to go with. I'm assuming you have a Holosun on there? Can I ask what model it is and your thoughts on it?

Thanks again for the pics.

Thanks so much! That does help me get a better idea of it. So I assume you align the tip of the front sight with the tips of the rear U, as those would be the "middle" of the ghost ring/peep? That does reinforce my theory that I'd prefer the GR if planning on no optic, but a nice, less cluttered view with RDS.

The other piece I have to figure out is which optic footprint to go with. I'm assuming you have a Holosun on there? Can I ask what model it is and your thoughts on it?

Thanks again for the pics.
    Yes, your eye will naturally center the front post in middle as your mind can just tell that the rear is a circle even though half of it is missing. Or imagine it as an enlarged U-notch rear iron and center the front post just like it was a handgun... Either way the result is the same.
    The RDS is a Holosun 507C and IMHO it really shines on a shotgun as it offers the Circle-Dot reticle... It's peanut butter and jelly.
    In hindsight I may have went with one of the enclosed Holosuns if they had the Circle-Dot reticle but I didn't check because I wasn't even thinking about how they shared the Aimpoint footprint... D'oh.
    Of course I would be very happy with a T1 but I didn't have the spare cash for one while I did have the spare 507C looking for a good home.

User Tag List