Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real "Info" on so called Red Flag Laws?

Site Supporter
    I suspect the San Francisco Chronicle rivals the Washington Post in its anti-gun and anti-law enforcement bias. That said, given the workload of most agencies, I doubt law enforcement in California is attempting to backdoor a gun ban through red flag confiscations. Given the number of people we encounter who really shouldn't have guns (and probably should be institutionalized). those numbers don't seem excessive.

I think the real abuse of red flag laws will be by significant others, parents, children, and to a lesser extent co-workers and neighbors.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    That's so fucking stupid I can't even figure out where to begin.

I've posted real information on how my state's equivalent law works, and has for over a decade. I can't compete with the Tom Clancy prequel writers present, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's so fucking stupid I can't even figure out where to begin.

I've posted real information on how my state's equivalent law works, and has for over a decade. I can't compete with the Tom Clancy prequel writers present, though.
    I'm sorry I missed those posts. That is why I posted it here to get a professionals take instead of participating in the BS which is FB. I feel your pain - I really do, there is plenty of public derp in my profession as well.....

Thanks

I'm not too nervous about how this will shake out in Indiana. I have almost zero concern for my locale. But those aren't the jurisdictions that worry me. Someone will be serving these orders with a Bearcat within two years. Hope I'm wrong.

Site Supporter
    fly out, I certainly can't predict the environment two years out, especially with left wingers potentially taking control of the nation to an even greater extent than they have.

At this point, however, you might see Bearcats on the scene of some protective order services. This will depend on the risk the subject seems to pose and the availability of Bearcats. Some agencies will likely use tactical units that have Bearcats to serve some red flag protective orders.

Bearcats do not have cannon or coaxial machine guns. They are intended for protection of officers and citizens from gunfire or explosives. Absent significant threat, they won't be ramming into anyone's house.

That said, while I would argue your point about armored vehicles, I share your valid concern about red flag laws.

Site Supporter

Red Flag laws

I'm afraid the NRA might be too distracted by internal corruption and their internal power struggles to be of much use in this situation, BUT if they had an ounce of sense they would have been out front of this MONTHS ago and proposed model legislation for a "red flag" law that had some due process protections built in.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I hear ya, but you have to understand the political pressure being brought to bear in California to “do something” makes the story more believable to us. See the tone of this piece:
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...php?psid=gLxgZ
    I understand, but CA gun owners losing their shit won't help. Don't let yourself be manipulated by anyone.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    I'm afraid the NRA might be too distracted by internal corruption and their internal power struggles to be of much use in this situation, BUT if they had an ounce of sense they would have been out front of this MONTHS ago and proposed model legislation for a "red flag" law that had some due process protections built in.
    We're not.

We do have a model, but our experience with sharing models like this is that lawmakers will make changes then introduce a bill that is "based on NRA's model." In order to try to pull more votes to their legislation. And, the first draft of the model isn't from months ago, it's from 2014 when we first started working on these laws.

You can get a pretty good idea of what the model looks like by reading this document: https://www.nraila.org/get-the-facts...-orders-erpos/

ETA: This article is also a pretty good read on the topic: https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/a...red-flag-laws/
    Last edited by joshs; 08-10-2019 at 06:33 AM.

It's not just a fantasy, it can happen.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/5-police-...-officials-say
    Thus was not a red flag event, but the result could be the same if these red flag laws are not properly constructed, and if they are not systematically destructed and eroded by "well-intentioned" revisions.

Clearly the author doesn't know jack sh*t about how the real world gets and conducts no-knock warrants. There is so much stupid, fictitious, inflammatory, fear pandering bullsh*t coming from these mouthpieces lately that I just want to vomit and never support their like again.

User Tag List