Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantaloni Eleganti

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I love these things. See them occasionally at Costco and buy them up. Light weight durable enough I have camped in them quite a bit. Good for clinic and lounging around.

https://www.amazon.com/UNIONBAY-Rain.../dp/B079178JPW

https://www.amazon.com/Union-Classic.../dp/B07D1ZMLNT
    Hey Doc, could you comment on the pocket material for the Ranier travel tech model? These look perfect for me, but a little worried about the "mesh pocket lining" description on Amazon.

Site Supporter
    I have great service from the VERTX Tactical line without cargo pockets. They were on clearance somewhere and I got grey, dark tan, and Khaki. I wear them every week to work. Great for business travel - have thrown a blazer on for dressier but usually were with polos or button downs. They are finally showing some wear after 4 years of constant use.

I think Mountain Khakis are your best bet to straddle office presentable and hard use.

Mountain Khakis Teton Twill.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have great service from the VERTX Tactical line without cargo pockets. They were on clearance somewhere and I got grey, dark tan, and Khaki. I wear them every week to work. Great for business travel - have thrown a blazer on for dressier but usually were with polos or button downs. They are finally showing some wear after 4 years of constant use.
    LAPG famously blew out the Vertx Core line a few years back, which were like Phantoms but without cargo pockets. I regret not buying a few as these have been discontinued. The Delta Stretch pants looked promising, but they have a leather reinforced tool pocket which looks out of place.

Vertx needs to bring the Core line back. It's a Phantom without pockets - what's so hard?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-09-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

If you can stomach the price:

Prometheus Design Werx Raider Field Pants - https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/collections/pants

Really want you want is a technical style pair of pants without cargo pockets. Something the Mountain Hardwear Canyon Pants may also work.

Cargo pants can look professional, but they require, 1) non-bellowed pockets. 2) a rise that fits you. 3) a hem that matches your footwear. All pants are too baggy if not hemmed to the correct length. I’ve seen more outfits ruined by poorly fitted pants and button down collars with ties than I care to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I think Mountain Khakis are your best bet to straddle office presentable and hard use.
    Who made that poor no-ass having model wear those baggy ass things in pics 3 and 4?

That looks like an outfit that a teenage boy would wear. Someone get those pants to the tailor stat!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Hey Doc, could you comment on the pocket material for the Ranier travel tech model? These look perfect for me, but a little worried about the "mesh pocket lining" description on Amazon.
    It’s mesh in front and I have never had a problem in several years. These stupid cheap pants have outlasted Kuhl cotton stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Who made that poor no-ass having model wear those baggy ass things in pics 3 and 4?

That looks like an outfit that a teenage boy would wear. Someone get those pants to the tailor stat!

My ass makes them look pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    My ass makes them look pretty good!
    That’s ‘cause you do squats.

Guys like me who should do squats, but don’t, ain’t got no ass and look like the guy in pics 3 and 4 there. I’m not critical of him...I too know the reality of pants that don’t fit when you’re short and assless.

This is why I originally spent all my fashion budget on assless chaps. But then the HR complaints and...you know that’s a whole other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That’s ‘cause you do squats.

Guys like me who should do squats, but don’t, ain’t got no ass and look like the guy in pics 3 and 4 there. I’m not critical of him...I too know the reality of pants that don’t fit when you’re short and assless.

This is why I originally spent all my fashion budget on assless chaps. But then the HR complaints and...you know that’s a whole other thread.
    Aren’t all chaps....assless?

User Tag List