Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pantaloni Eleganti

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Why are sumdudes debating the assless or asslessness of chaps? One I wouldn't cross on a dare, the other, well, I probably would not let cross me, despite the dare he was given....😝

Just funnin', I got nothin' to add here....

pat
    @SouthNarc, you just shillin' 😝..wouldn't cross you on a dare... @RevolverRob, you riskin somthin...😃

Just funnin, still got nuthin...

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 09-15-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    @SouthNarc, you just shillin' 😝..wouldn't cross you on a dare... @RevolverRob, you riskin somthin...😃

Just funnin, still got nuthin...

pat
    Pat,

Don't pretend like you aren't on the email list to see RevolverRob's Fall Chap Collection -

We'll be offering a whole new line this fall - banded and braided chaps. For the chap who wants a little Native American flare to their chaps. I'm also hoping that early next year we'll launch our ECQC-optimized line of chaps. Which will feature reinforcements in the inguinal crease for the mounting of 'gear'.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Pat,

Don't pretend like you aren't on the email list to see RevolverRob's Fall Chap Collection -

We'll be offering a whole new line this fall - banded and braided chaps. For the chap who wants a little Native American flare to their chaps. I'm also hoping that early next year we'll launch our ECQC-optimized line of chaps. Which will feature reinforcements in the inguinal crease for the mounting of 'gear'.
    Banded and branded, nothing in those words is anything I gotta see...😝 SouthNarc's like is all I need here...

I am on the email list, but it might be a raised catholic thing..

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Pat,

Having a fall chaps selection is just, wierd...I am on that email list, but just for a "friend". You so much need a noogie/wedgie right now...

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I went from Eccos to Clark's and back to Eccos. I wear Clark's out faster and they don't have as good a footbed. They are usually lighter though.

I don't actually have wide feet, but I have a very square foot (toes all ~same extension) that makes me need wider shoes. Going on the high side with European sizing in an Ecco gets me just right.
    JAD, what’s your current choice for shoes/boots a little more sturdy than this?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I went from Eccos to Clark's and back to Eccos.
    I had a pair of Ecco Seawalker's, which were probably the best fit/most comfortable out of the box shoe I've ever owned. I got good use out of them, but they we're about $175 out the door. I got about 6 years of use out of them.

When those wore out, I went with a pair of Clark's Portland for $90. They were pretty close in in fit and comfort. I bought them in 2014, and I'm still wearing them.

I think the Ecco was a better shoe, but not twice as good. I'd be happy with either, though.

Edit to add: I recently bought a pair of Clarks Cotrell Edge, for $70. They are not the equal of either of the two models above, in either fit or comfort.
    Last edited by JTQ; 09-15-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm going to break with the group here and suggest spending some money on a nice pair of shoes/boots/chukkas. Good ones can be resoled and will take a beating before ever getting worn out to the point of replacement. They cost a little (okay, well a lot) more up front, but something like Allen Edmonds will last longer than any Clarks, etc. that I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    When I hear wide toe box, I immediately think New Balance or Keen. Ecco may have something as well.

MGW -When you say no arm/leg- how much are we talking 50max, 100 max, 150 max etc.? What size and width?
    I’m good with $150. I’m not spending $300 on shoes though.

I really like my Keen hiking boots. I haven’t seen anything from them that really look like business casualish shoes though. Some of the Eccos look like they might work.

I’ve been a slob when it comes to shoes. I tend to go with comfort over style. I’m trying to up my game a little bit and dress like an adult without giving up comfort and practicality. I’m pushing 50. It’s probably time. I am not ready to give into the Newbalance dressy sneaker thing though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I’m good with $150. I’m not spending $300 on shoes though.

I really like my Keen hiking boots. I haven’t seen anything from them that really look like business casualish shoes though. Some of the Eccos look like they might work.

I’ve been a slob when it comes to shoes. I tend to go with comfort over style. I’m trying to up my game a little bit and dress like an adult without giving up comfort and practicality. I’m pushing 50. It’s probably time. I am not ready to give into the Newbalance dressy sneaker thing though.
    Given your budget, definitely Eccos for footwear, and spend the dough on DU/ER No Sweat pants. They require no ironing and look better for office wear than Kuhl Slax, while also being so comfortable you can use them as PJs. They're not as hard wearing as other options, though, and lack a cell phone pocket.

Kuhl Slax are okay, but wrinkle easily, require ironing, and like everything Kuhl makes they have a bit more outdoors cut to them. I'd refrain from trying to wear them with a dress shirt and jacket in most typical office situations, but they go well if you're on the more casual of business casual, like Silicon Valley business attire (nice tucked in shirt, fleece vest). They have the best cell phone pocket I've found.

Bluffworks makes excellent travel/everyday business casual slacks that will retain a hard crease unlike the other 2 options I've mentioned and wear well, but aren't as comfortable/flexible. I would wear these for more conservative office settings. These are kind of weird, because they're a different material than their suits which are very soft and have a lot of stretch to them.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    JAD, what’s your current choice for shoes/boots a little more sturdy than this?
    I wear Merrell trail gloves most days at work. I had a pair of 2015 Merrell Annex boots that I loved; they died a year ago and I haven’t found a valid replacement.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List