Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield MO/ active shooter threat, detains man with oarmor, rifle & over 100 rds

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Wait, that's not all the Walmart stupidity...

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/cr...le/1952804001/
    That's not just People of Walmart, it's Florida Man of Walmart!

Which turns out to support a post I was going to make today:
    My theory, for which I have not a shred of evidence (yet), is that one or more of these will turn out to be antifa or other leftists looking to gin up terror.
    So if Florida Walmart Man here turns out to actually be a gun banner then I need to get ahead of my own prophetic cycle...
    (Of course, at the end of July 1990 I told someone that Saddam Hussein was crazy, but not so crazy as to invade Kuwait, so...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    That's not just People of Walmart, it's Florida Man of Walmart!

Which turns out to support a post I was going to make today:

So if Florida Walmart Man here turns out to actually be a gun banner then I need to get ahead of my own prophetic cycle...
    (Of course, at the end of July 1990 I told someone that Saddam Hussein was crazy, but not so crazy as to invade Kuwait, so...)
    I saw him interviewed on the news this morning. He said that while buying a hair dryer for his mom, he saw a guy who looked like a white supremacist, trying to buy a gun, so he made his inquiry. I'm going to say he's not antifa, but he is definitely a dipshit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I saw him interviewed on the news this morning. He said that while buying a hair dryer for his mom, he saw a guy who looked like a white supremacist, trying to buy a gun, so he made his inquiry. I'm going to say he's not antifa, but he is definitely a dipshit.
    Can a real men of genius commercial featuring these guys be far behind?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    It seems likely he was a stupid poseur either "making a statement" or trying to get attention.

So far, I've seen no indication of how it was subsequently known that he had "100 rounds of ammunition" or a handgun.

Wearing fatigues and body armor isn't illegal, of course, nor should such dress be made illegal, but he has to have understood that in view of the recent multiple killings by nutbags, he'd be frightening people near him in the store.

Disturbing the peace or being a "public nuisance" would probably be appropriate charges, since there's no formal code violation for being a dumbass.

I'm decidedly against "open carry" and always have been so, but it's show-off activities like this that will get lawmakers who are incapable of rational thought to make the practice illegal.
    I think it might have been TCinVA who made the point on another forum that a crowbar is perfectly legal to purchase and carry, but will result in a Terry stop at 2:00 am behind a closed business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Sadly, I tend to think "dumass supposedly on my side" over "deliberately planted provocateur", as there is sadly no shortage of really really stupid people on our side.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The store manager did exactly the right thing.

The idiot with the rifle was recording himself on his phone, which seems to confirm that his goal was to provoke a reaction and then record it. This has to be among the ultimate examples of “Be careful what you wish for . . .”
    Since Missouri is a "constitutional carry" state, after the recent events in Dayton and El Paso, there could have been a goodly number of people in the store with weapons. He might have recorded his own death.

I expect that he's about to be landed on rather hard. This is one where he should be permitted to contemplate his actions on the Tree of Woe.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

He’s to us what a partial birth abortion is to pro-choicers.

Site Supporter
    Per the charging documents the MO Walmart subject is a Second Amendmey”Auditor” he claims he was testing whether Walmart would “honor” his second amendment rights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ar...j_cDZuq_nlz6Xs

Suspect allegedly told his Sister he wanted to “conduct a social experiment”

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Sus...530944771.html

Andreychenko said he was surprised by other customers' reactions, telling investigators, "This is Missouri. I understand if we were somewhere else, like New York or California, people would freak out." He told investigators that he put on body armor to protect himself after several recent shootings across the country.

Andreychenko said he heard the fire alarm go off while he was inside the store, and made his way to an exit. That's where he was confronted by a citizen with a gun. The man pointed the gun at Andreychenko and told him to put his hands up.

In a separate interview with Andreychenko's wife, Angelice, she told investigators Andreychenko had told her of his plan to walk into Walmart with a gun, and that she told him it was not a smart idea; that people would take him seriously due to recent mass shootings.

She told investigators that Andreychenko said he wanted to see if Walmart would respect his second amendment rights. Angelice referred to Andreychenko's actions as those of an immature boy.

Anastasia Andreychenko, the suspect's sister, said she received a call from him just after 3:00 p.m. Thursday. Andreychenko asked her if she would videotape him going into the Walmart with a gun, and that he referred to the action as a social experiment on how his second amendment right would be respected in a public area. Anastasia told him it was a bad idea, and that she did not want to help him take video.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-09-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Pol...7cBqzG8nxaBiaI

Not sure what MO law is on this but the suspect may face additional charges for this:

Driver, Officer injured in crash responding to Springfield Walmart incid
    Last edited by HCM; 08-09-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Eeeeeehhhhh...not sure I’m on board with the whole “make him a felon” over this. Looking up Missouri’s statute regarding terroristic threats it seems to be an appropriate charge. On the other hand, open carry laws being what they are in Missouri he was within the law.

Was this monumentally stupid? Absolutely

Does he deserve a significant peepee slap for it? You betcha

Make him a felon for it? Eeeeehhh I’m not inclined to push it that far.

This kinda spills over in to the “what he was doing (open carry) may have been legal, but I don’t like it so he should be arrested law be damned” nonsense.

Yes I understand the terroristic threat charge in relation to his stupid behavior causing a panic and evacuation. But if blatant stupidity were a felony there’d be nobody to guard the gates.

Ok, how about for Reckless endangerment for the innocent third party seriously injured in a crash with an officer responding to this jack ass’s “Social experiment?”

Not to mention the injured officer but the third party apparently hit the worst of it.

Fuck that dude.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-09-2019 at 09:36 PM.

User Tag List