Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Springfield MO/ active shooter threat, detains man with oarmor, rifle & over 100 rds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    But HCM, he even said that he didn't know it would evoke that sort of reaction!

Don't you get it!? He said he's innocent! We can all stand down now and let the guy continue on. Uncuff him, boys, street him. He says he's innocent, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    “I’m innocent, see? I didn’t do nuttin, copper, see? I want my mouthpiece, see?”
    You forgot " you dirty rat"

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Competent counsel cannot override an incompetent client's desire to go to trial. So if our social experimenter really wants to complete his mission, he should press for a jury trial. Extra freedom points for demanding speedy trial and the limited prep time that goes with it.
    I'm good with it. Bench trial might even be better.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Competent counsel cannot override an incompetent client's desire to go to trial. So if our social experimenter really wants to complete his mission, he should press for a jury trial. Extra freedom points for demanding speedy trial and the limited prep time that goes with it.
    I don't see this going to trial on a 20-year-old's legal budget. I don't know enough about what kind of resources a court-appointed attorney would have, if he gets a court-appointed attorney.

Site Supporter
    Walmart respected his 2nd Amendment rights. The manager did not ask him to leave.....He asked everyone else to.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I don't see this going to trial on a 20-year-old's legal budget. I don't know enough about what kind of resources a court-appointed attorney would have, if he gets a court-appointed attorney.
    The public defender's office goes to trial with indigent clients. If he's smart, he'll take a plea offer. If he wants to go down hard, a trial is the best way to do it. Around here if you demand speedy trial, there are non-negotiable timelines and no stopping the process once you start. The vast majority waive speedy trial, because to demand it is to take a legal rocket ride to prison.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

The public defender's office goes to trial with indigent clients. If he's smart, he'll take a plea offer. If he wants to go down hard, a trial is the best way to do it. Around here if you demand speedy trial, there are non-negotiable timelines and no stopping the process once you start. The vast majority waive speedy trial, because to demand it is to take a legal rocket ride to prison.
    In the Southern District of FL, many of the court appointed counsel were every bit as good as the high priced attorneys the deeper pocketed defendants had access to. Sometimes better. I can't speak to the state side...but on the federal side they represented their clients admirably.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Copycats are always a thing.

It’s important to fully prosecute these whackos pour encourager les autres.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-walmart-threat

Florida man arrested for alleged threat involving AR-15: ‘Don’t go to Walmart next week’

A Florida man was arrested Friday for posting a threatening message on social media that said he was going to have his semi-automatic rifle returned and shoppers should avoid Walmart, authorities said.

Richard Clayton, 26, made the threat on Facebook on Aug. 6, writing: “3 more days of probation left then I get my AR-15 back. Don’t go to Walmart next week,” Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) said.

Clayton posted his message just three days after a gunman walked into a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, and killed 22 people.

Clayton, of Winter Park, was taken into custody following a joint investigation involving the FDLE, FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and Winter Park Police Department. He appeared to believe in the white supremacist ideology and had a history of writing threatening messages on Facebook using fake accounts, according to investigators.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-11-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Copycats are always a thing.

It’s important to fully prosecute these whackos pour encourager les autres.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-walmart-threat

Florida man arrested for alleged threat involving AR-15: ‘Don’t go to Walmart next week’
    In Texas, a 13-year-old boy was arrested for making a terroristic threat that prompted the evacuation of a Walmart on Aug. 7, the Welaco Police Department said in a news release.

Another incident in Texas saw officers respond to a threat posted on social media Saturday. A man was arrested at a home for making a terroristic threat against a Walmart in Harlingen, the Harlingen Police Department said in a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In the Southern District of FL, many of the court appointed counsel were every bit as good as the high priced attorneys the deeper pocketed defendants had access to. Sometimes better. I can't speak to the state side...but on the federal side they represented their clients admirably.
    Here locally in the 10th District, I've been impressed with the quality and mindset of the court appointed counsels. They're head and shoulders above the public defenders I went up against on the local level. They're all pretty sharp and often give the AUSA's a run for they're money. They've been responsible for me internally reevaluating my opinion of the legal profession.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-11-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List