Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Dead in California Stabbing Rampage

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Four Dead in California Stabbing Rampage

From BBC News:

A man is in custody after a stabbing and robbery spree that left four people dead and two injured across several crime scenes in Southern California.

Police told US media the violence appeared to be random, with the only known motives for the two-hour rampage as "robbery, hate, homicide".

The stabbing spree took place across more than six locations over approximately two hours in Garden Grove and neighbouring Santa Ana, about 35 miles (56km) southeast of Los Angeles.

The attacks began at around 16:00 PST (00:00 BST), when local police received a call from two people who reported their apartment robbed, US media report.

Another call came in shortly after, reporting a burglary at a bakery in Garden Grove.

From the bakery, police said, the suspect returned to his apartment complex nearby, where he fatally stabbed two people after an alleged altercation.

Around 18:00 PST, the suspect allegedly drove to a gas station where he attacked a man pumping gas, nearly severing the victim's nose off his face.

Detectives tracked the suspect's car to the parking lot of a 7-Eleven convenience store in Santa Ana. The man came out of the store shortly after, carrying a large knife and a gun he had taken from the 7-Eleven security guard.

Upon his arrest, police were informed the man allegedly had also killed a male employee of a nearby Subway restaurant.

He also allegedly robbed an insurance business, where an employee was stabbed several times, as well as a check-cashing business.

Police said the crimes have "nothing to do" with race, noting that the suspect and most of the victims are Hispanic.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Man, there are a lot of recurring lessons to unpack in just the excerpt you posted. It’s almost a game: "how many past P-F threads can you find?"

Random acts, knife v gun, SA/MUC, OC/deterrent (security guard)... the hits just don’t stop with that one, and I’m completely ignoring the policy/political angle.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The Santa Barbara dipshit used a knife for several of his victims, as well.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Don't worry, they'll get around to restricting ownership of those slashy/stabby things, soon enough.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Don't worry, they'll get around to restricting ownership of those slashy/stabby things, soon enough.
    Not until they have succeeded in restricting the ownership of guns into oblivion. Until then, the gun/knife grabbers will loudly exclaim, "We don't want to take your knives! That's just insane paranoia."

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    England has had active knife "amnesty" programs and advocacy for the banning of pointy knives since at least 2005.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Not until they have succeeded in restricting the ownership of guns into oblivion. Until then, the gun/knife grabbers will loudly exclaim, "We don't want to take your knives! That's just insane paranoia."
    Wow, I've proved myself overly optimistic and wrong in less than a day. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ne...-ghost-knives/

My apologies Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The Santa Barbara dipshit used a knife for several of his victims, as well.
    A knife and hammer to kill his roommates. When he went mobile, he weaponized his BMW too, if memory serves.

As a resident of California, today's knife rampage popped up in my local news feed, but I noticed it was very poorly covered in the national media.

There was no guns and no racial component, so apparently it's not worthy of much attention. More's the pity.
    Last edited by Mark D; 08-08-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Four Dead in California Stabbing Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    A knife and hammer to kill his roommates. When he went mobile, he weaponized his BMW too, if memory serves.

As a resident of California, today's knife rampage popped up in my local news feed, but I noticed it was very poorly covered in the national media.

There was no guns and no racial component, so apparently it's not worthy of much attention. More's the pity.
    I think that it and the Pittsburgh stabbings was the lead story in the east coast edition of ABC News.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 08-08-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I think that it and the Pittsburgh stabbings was the lead story in the east coast edition of ABC News.
    It was on the front page at BBC News, which is technically a world news site, but seems to have a taste for American calamities. The ICE raids in Mississippi were the headliner for a while, because... reasons.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List