Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real estate agent survives attack using conceal carry firearm.

Real estate agent survives attack using conceal carry firearm.

https://kdvr.com/2019/08/07/denver-r...ng-open-house/
    Denver real estate agent survives attack by man during open house
    POSTED 6:22 PM, AUGUST 7, 2019, BY KRISTIN HAUBRICH
    A portion of the article...
    Not sure what a 6 inch rope is for... any idea?
    Hetzler showed him the kitchen and living room area. Then, he asked to see the rooms upstairs.

“At that point, we got into the master bedroom and he pulled a knife out," she said.

Cornered in the master bedroom, Hetzler said the man laid out a knife and six-inch rope.

“He wanted me to take off my ring and go in the closet, and at that point, his intentions were deadly, in my opinion,” Hetzler said.

Fearing for her life, Hetzler drew her handgun that she is licensed to carry.

“As I drew my firearm, and he saw that I had that, he doused me with bear spray. At that point, I could not see. I could barely see. My skin was burning, my eyes were on fire and so I fired," she said.
    Last edited by Mystery; 08-08-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks.

This hits pretty close to home for me.

I am glad she was ok.

They got the guy...

Man arrested in connection to attack on real estate agent in Commerce City
    POSTED 8:10 PM, AUGUST 8, 2019, BY ERIC RUBLE

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. — A man has been arrested in connection to an attack on a Denver real estate agent at a Commerce City condominium complex earlier this week, according to the Commerce City Police Department.

Ernest Robert Chrisman, 43, was arrested Thursday afternoon on charges of first-degree burglary, aggravated robbery and second-degree assault.
    More below...
    https://kdvr.com/2019/08/08/man-arre...commerce-city/
    Name:  DSC_3505.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  19.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Life in prison. No parole. #motherfucker /the end
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-09-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I think I posted before a study that real estate agents have a higher rate of carry than the general population. Oh, found this:

https://theclose.com/realtor-safety/

Wonder if any cold-cases will be associated/connected to this person as they look into his past. I find it highly unlikely this was his first time out.

Site Supporter
    The job description of a real estate agent is going into empty houses with strangers. The need for preparation is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The job description of a real estate agent is going into empty houses with strangers. The need for preparation is obvious.
    Not knowing much of their profession outside of them helping buy/sell homes, I was surprised to learn that self-defense/carry courses fall in to their curriculum of continued education.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

It's also prudent to note that most real estate agents are very easy to gather info on. Their websites show pictures of what they look like for instance.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I forwarded these articles to my wife who just got her real estate license. She's had an LTC for years but has always been lazy about keeping her gun with her. This gave her the kick in the pants she needed to start actively carrying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User Tag List