Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop that shit! Life, liberty and the pursuit of our rights

Stop that shit! Life, liberty and the pursuit of our rights

Like him or not, Colion Noir does an excellent job advocating for second amendment rights, and he does so in a manner that’s digestible to regular folks who aren’t gun owners. He’s had some good videos recently.

As Colion states in the video; The founding fathers feared governments ambition for power and thus preserved the right of the people to keep and bear arms. If the government tried to overstep its bounds, the people could look at the government with guns in their hands and say stop that shit.

Our leaders in the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government are bound by an oath of office to defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Regardless of which party is in control, there are numerous examples of the government running roughshod over the Constitution which directly impacts our unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

At what point do we tell the government to stop that shit?

If we the people can’t fairly elect a government that respects our unalienable rights and follows the Constitution, what are our options? We can communicate with our representatives and encourage them to honor their oath of office. We can vote them out at the next election and hope the replacement will honor their oath of office. Meanwhile our government is still running roughshod over the Constitution, our rights have been stripped away, and we’ve left our children and grandchildren to shoulder the burden of our negligence.

There’s always so much talk about I’ll never give up my guns or I’ll fight if they try to take them. Why are people so quick to dismiss the idea of fighting for our rights before they’re lost?

Let me be clear, I’m not advocating for people to bear arms and start a shooting war with our government. There has to be something between “the democratic process” and firing shots to enact change. The democratic process only works if the people involved are governing within the framework of the Constitution and that isn’t happening.

What say you?

Site Supporter
    I hope we never see another civil war in the U.S. and I hope it never comes to the point of citizens taking up arms against the government. Ever.

But yes, the primary reason the 2nd Amendment was enacted was to ensure that the citizens of this country are never outgunned by the government. The people are to retain the means to resist and if necessary "throw off" the government.

The American rebels of the Revolution tried every means available to them to move the British government to end its tyrannical methods. They resorted to violence as a last resort.

Gun owners should fight against infringement of the right to arms. Finding the best way to do that is the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I hope we never see another civil war in the U.S. and I hope it never comes to the point of citizens taking up arms against the government. Ever.

But yes, the primary reason the 2nd Amendment was enacted was to ensure that the citizens of this country are never outgunned by the government. The people are to retain the means to resist and if necessary "throw off" the government.

The American rebels of the Revolution tried every means available to them to move the British government to end its tyrannical methods. They resorted to violence as a last resort.

Gun owners should fight against infringement of the right to arms. Finding the best way to do that is the hard part.
    I've been reading the biography of U.S. Grant by Chernow and though I've read the classics by Foote and others, Chernow's description of the events and cost of the Civil War on the nation is harrowing.

I can't imagine what it would require to take up arms against my government. I've tried putting myself in the shoes of R.E. Lee and others who found themselves in such a position and it's mind numbing to try to fully comprehend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One of the few truthful things that Mao ever said was "power grows from the barrel of a gun".
    If only one group/class/set of people has a monopoly on arms, that group will eventually have a monopoly on power*.

The founders, after the study of history and thinkers like Machevelli and ect believed firmly in the concept of Separation of Powers. No one person or governing body should have all the power, but other government bodies should be able to check the others, and so on as per basic civics. Likewise, recognizing the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms allows them to act as a check on the armed forces of the state.

*and it is the people who directly bear arms who wind up with the power, not those that give them orders.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I really like that Colion dude. Most of what he posts is typically pretty far over on the excellent side of the bell curve.

And, yeah, we should do what we can to stay civil—especially to the "other" side, whatever that may be. The ultimate destination down the opposite path is unthinkable. I say that as a guy who has had the pleasure of shopping both souqs in Syria, and markets in Mexico in long bygone eras.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I'm not a Ronald Reagan worshiper but he had somethings right.

It's about time that people realize that government does not have the solutions. Oh, they want you to think they do but the don't! Virtually everything government is trying to do today is in someway for a problem that government intervention caused. Why should anyone think that the same people who caused the problem have the fix?

The so called "Gun Issue" has nothing to do with guns. It is a manifestation of the breakdown of society.

My friend Henson nailed it when we were at the CT State Legislative office building to testify against the impending knee-jerk legislation post Sandy Hook.

Morals and values are out the window. Gender doesn't matter. You can be whatever you think you are. There are no losers, everyone is a winner! Now all it takes to get on a public school honor roll is semi-decent attendance and a pulse. Going back a ways to feminism that laid the seeds for this, the idea that a woman can have everything, children and a career may work for some but in many cases it is to the detriment of the child. Keeping up with the Jones'. Got to have the fancy cars and everything else. Many of these people should have gotten a low maintenance pet rather than producing offspring. Before school programs, school, after school programs, day care and other activities to keep the kids out of their parents hair. It's a wonder that some parents even recognize their own children. The ridiculous assertion that "it takes a village to raise a child" is totally bogus. If the child does not have caring, involved and engaged parents providing the basics, that child may well be lost. Especially today when no one dare point out the misstep of a child lest they receive the ire of a parent who thinks their child walks on water and does no wrong.

The chickens are coming home to roost. I think we have a generation of broken individuals who are going to wreak havoc on society.

Sorry rant over.
    Last edited by JohnO; 08-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.

A concern that I have right now has nothing to do with another active shooter incident.

I'm more worried about the left pushing their agenda so much that someone gets fed up and we're going back to the days of diesel fuel, fertilizer and large trucks being placed in front of soft targets. These mass shootings will pale in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Let me frame this in a different way. My general impression is a great many people feel the ballot box is incapable of "checking" the government or getting it back to governing within the framework of the Constitution. I'm also under the impression a great many people are not willing to start pulling a trigger to "check" the government and get it back to governing within the framework of the Constitution.

In that space between the ballot box and the bullet, what options do we the people have available to check the government and enact change?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    In that space between the ballot box and the bullet, what options do we the people have available to check the government and enact change?
    Civil disobedience is in that nebulous area. Of course when you're the guy they make an example of, it's not quite so appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post

If we excuse the extreme left and the extreme right, I'd say the remaining American people have tried every means available to move our government to end its tyrannical methods. If we revisit the events that led to the declaration of independence and revolutionary war, our government has far exceeded the tyranny that caused those rebels to say enough is enough.

User Tag List