Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA planned to buy Wayne LaPierre a 6 million dollar mansion?

NRA planned to buy Wayne LaPierre a 6 million dollar mansion?

NRA planned to buy a $6million mansion in Dallas for chief Wayne LaPierre last year, leaked records from the New York Attorney General's office show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erre-year.html

The National Rifle Association reportedly planned to purchase a $6million mansion in Dallas for its chief executive Wayne LaPierre last year
    Though the transaction never went through, the plans are under scrutiny by New York officials investigating allegations of financial misconduct within the NRA
    Investigators uncovered the plan after subpoenaing the NRA's financial records
    The gun group was looking into a 1.5-acre lakefront estate in Westlake, Texas
    It featured a 10,000-sqft French mansion with four bedrooms and nine baths
    To purchase a house for LaPierre with NRA funding, the group would have to justify to the IRS that the CEO needed the property to do his job
    LaPierre has come under fire for spending large amounts of NRA money on himself - despite his $1.37million salary - in the past
    Please feel free to merge with the other active NRA thread.

I cannot for the life of me see how this could be justified. Renting lavish spaces to entertain big donors for a party/fundraiser, yes. Buying Wayne a Mansion? No. It appears this story will further add to the increasing outcry for his ouster. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Hieronymous; 08-07-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Imagine what that $6 million would have done in WA when we were fighting I-1639 last year, or any number of states in similar situations.

I know the sale didn't go through, but just the fact they were considering it is bullshit and I hope WLP chokes on a dildo.

Not another dime from me until that cock sucker is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    NRA planned to buy a $6million mansion in Dallas for chief Wayne LaPierre last year, leaked records from the New York Attorney General's office show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erre-year.html

Please feel free to merge with the other active NRA thread.

I cannot for the life of me see how this could be justified. Renting lavish spaces to entertain big donors for a party/fundraiser, yes. Buying Wayne a Mansion? No. It appears this story will further add to the increasing outcry for his ouster. What do you guys think?
    This will crank up the heat on WLP, and any BoD members who went along with it.. between this, the lawsuit that was filed against the NRA today, plus all the other problems, I don't see WLP and his crooked ass friends, hanging on much longer, the moutian of evidence is getting overwhelming.The NYAG is going to eat their lunch. If WLP actually cared about the NRA, he'd resign, and resign now..Stupid bastard, an 8x12' room might be his next "mansion". And, he deserves it.
    Last edited by ralph; 08-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Daily Mail... reliable source?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...james.amp.html

Here’s a link from The NY Times.

Subpoenas have gone out to current and former board members regarding financial transactions of the NRA. The fat lady’s not singing yet, but she’s clearing her throat.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I read it in the WSJ on the way home today.

Site Supporter
    I trust the British media more than much of the US media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

And the next question (which would have been in the original post, but I'm at work and got interrupted by having to actually do work...) is who at the NRA was considering it? Who made the recommendation (as if we couldn't guess) and how seriously was anyone taking it?
    ETA: And was any money ever actually allocated for this purpose?
    Last edited by Drang; 08-07-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Imagine what that $6 million would have done in WA when we were fighting I-1639 last year.
    While I get the point you’re trying to make, Washington is a bad example. 6 millions bucks would have done fuck-all against the spending and media campaign that the anti-gun forces in Washington had lined up. Ballot initiatives like that are super difficult to defend against, and WA’s fate was sealed on that one the minute that the Paul Allen Foundation stepped in. 6 million is pocket change for dudes like that.

User Tag List