Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J frame pocket holster comparison and experience

Here is my PCS Blackbird pocket holster for my 642-1.

Name:  20190821_212952.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  20190821_213004.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  39.6 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I have a S&W 638 Airwieght and I use a Sticky Holster for pocket carry. Works great for me. Minimal bulk and I can slip in under my waistband (with a decent belt) if I need too for casual IWB carry

I have a couple of the 10.00 Walmart nylon holsters, work fine in jeans or cargos, will also work in wast band. I also carry sometimes without a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Here is my PCS Blackbird pocket holster for my 642-1.

Name:  20190821_212952.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  20190821_213004.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  39.6 KB
    That looks great, i may have to inquire on which model when i order one. I see there are several good looking options
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Uncle Mike's #3

I tried the U/M #3 holster for my 340 PD. Heck, it was cheap enough in the event I didn't like. Well I do like it. It appears to be a wallet in my front pocket. And I actually carry my wallet in my other front pocket. When drawing my revolver, the holster stays in the pocket. The holster is a fabric material which is more flexible that leather or kydex. I feel this flexibility allows the holster to somewhat contour to the pocket and have a more blended appearance when worn. Just my experience.

I haven't pocket carried a J-Frame in almost 20 years I would guess, but when I did, this was probably my favorite. It was called the Pocket Natural and was made from thin, vegetable tanned leather, rough side out.

The holster took on the contour of your leg almost immediately and it held and released the gun perfectly. It was made and designed by a gun-writer/sci-fi novelist named Jerry Ahern, who also served as the President of Detonics for a period of time.

I lament not buying a bunch of these holsters for other guns before Jerry died and production of the holster ceased.

Last edited by 41magfan; 08-25-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List