Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm trying to make it through the Joe Rogan podcast with Crazy Bernie

I'm trying to make it through the Joe Rogan podcast with Crazy Bernie

Oy vey... Just heard Bernie say that companies just want the law removed so that they can pollute the environment. He's currently bitching about American companies avoiding American taxes and claiming that he will "fix" that.

#CrazyBernie

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oy vey... Just heard Bernie say that companies just want the law removed so that they can pollute the environment. He's currently bitching about American companies avoiding American taxes and claiming that he will "fix" that.

#CrazyBernie

havent been able to bring myself to listen yet.

I’m not much of a Joe Rogan fan anyway. I think I’ll skip this one.

Here’s another Bernie clip if you don’t want to watch the entire episode either.

Last edited by MGW; 08-07-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I haven't listened and don't intend to...but...I don't doubt for a nanosecond that there are U.S. companies that would both circumvent existing law, and / or pollute the environment if they could get away with it legally or otherwise.

And avoid paying their fair share of U.S taxes? This should come as no surprise to anyone.

The courts and numerous investigative and L.E. agencies are up to their armpits in such matters.

Since when did corporate America become a shining example of doing the right thing? Would that it were.

ETA: The above does not imply that this is the norm for all corporations. But it is not uncommon, to say the least.
    Last edited by blues; 08-07-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And avoid paying their fair share of U.S taxes?
    I have always kinda wondered why corporate entities are expected to pay taxes, rather than the shareholder owners. If a corporation makes a profit, the tax obligation could (should?) be shared by the shareholders (like my wife's S corp). I think part of the current problem is many of the people that indirectly own these large companies, typically through mutual funds and pension funds, do not think the companies that they own pay their "fair" share. Pass it down to the owners and they can pay at their marginal rate.

But all that is probably thread drift, I just think Bernie is going to create a lotta sound bites for his opposition

That corrupt old commie is'nt going to fix shit..

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have always kinda wondered why corporate entities are expected to pay taxes, rather than the shareholder owners. If a corporation makes a profit, the tax obligation could (should?) be shared by the shareholders (like my wife's S corp). I think part of the current problem is many of the people that indirectly own these large companies, typically through mutual funds and pension funds, do not think the companies that they own pay their "fair" share. Pass it down to the owners and they can pay at their marginal rate.

But all that is probably thread drift, I just think Bernie is going to create a lotta sound bites for his opposition
    If you can get congress to change the laws, (good luck with that), then that would be the law of the land. I was simply referring to enforcing the laws already on the books.

Beyond that, not everybody does the right thing when nobody is looking. That goes for individuals as well as companies. This should come as no surprise to anyone. (And I'm not implying that it is to you, my friend.)

As for me and mine...the Dem agenda holds very little appeal, and the dogma, rhetoric and b.s. is both worn and tired.
    Last edited by blues; 08-07-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hard pass on that episode. I know all I need to know about Bernie.

More Bernie to be spread to the masses of morons though. You know how many more are going to eat this shit up. Fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I tried to watch and made it almost 10 minutes.

He's addressing topics that are legitimate. Mostly the cost of health care so far in the first ten minutes. The problem is he's making good sound bites, but not providing a solution. "Insulin in Canada costs 10% of what it does in the States, and it's all the greedy corporations' fault!" (I paraphrased that.) Yeah, if you take that at face value it's easy to get fired up about. And his plan is too pee-pee smack those companies into submission. Well, both the issues and solutions are muh more complex than that, but "let's get them greedy sumbitches" sells.

User Tag List