Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Which proves what exactly? I for one do not see what this 'test' proves other than it passed or didn't pass, what does it mean? Something that fails is junk despite the fact it works just fine properly lubricated?
    I've got a couple pistols in that thread that passed with flying colors. An early production Gen 4 G17 and a Gen 1 M&P Pro which didn't manifest dead trigger until just past the 2K mark.

At the time the thinking was that this was a worst case scenario for reliability that spoke to the designs and builds. I haven't pursued this as useful for some years myself.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Which proves what exactly? I for one do not see what this 'test' proves other than it passed or didn't pass, what does it mean? Something that fails is junk despite the fact it works just fine properly lubricated?
    It "proves" that it's something that's been done regularly by members of this forum since at least 2011. Why that poster hasn't heard of that practice, I don't know.

As to its value, in the eye of the beholder it's statistically-significant snapshot of the gun's reliability or internet dick measuring. An inability to pass it doesn't mean it's junk, in my view, or else it wouldn't be in my holster as I type this. I learned that my gun probably doesn't like lightly loaded 115gr ammo and may choke when dirty, which is something I'll remember when I take it to a class in March where I expect to fire 1,000-1,200 rounds that weekend.

It’s just something that caught on. It proves the gun went 2000 rounds with X results. That’s it. Some guys do it to legitimize the gun in in some sort of way, others shoot so much anyway it’s an easy test to do and the others just want to be part of the cool kids group. You’ll find a lot of people magically come to the same conclusions on this forum. Like how the PX4 was crap right until Langdon actually vetted the gun and then a dozen guys tore there ACL running because they jumped from there computer so fast to run to the nearest gun store to buy one so they could also talk about how flat it shoots.
    Last edited by AJD21; 01-14-2020 at 04:22 PM.

I would consider myself pretty average as a shooter. I’m not much of a fan of Glocks but I’m having a lot of fun with the 43x. I was working on cleaning up my draw the other day and shot some video. First video is with my TRP and second is with the 43x. I have only put 550 rounds through the 43x so far but I really like the way it handles. And it carries a lot better than an all steel 45. I need to get a second bought so that I have a dedicated practice gun.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I would consider myself pretty average as a shooter. I’m not much of a fan of Glocks but I’m having a lot of fun with the 43x. I was working on cleaning up my draw the other day and shot some video. First video is with my TRP and second is with the 43x. I have only put 550 rounds through the 43x so far but I really like the way it handles. And it carries a lot better than an all steel 45. I need to get a second bought so that I have a dedicated practice gun.

I think the pairing of the 1911 and 43X for those lower profile occasions works quite well.

ETA: and that is a lot better than "average" IMO
    Last edited by JHC; 01-15-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

So, for those of us curious about a slimline Glock at this point, given barrel length doesn’t make a huge difference in concealment, does the G43X make more sense or does the G48?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So, for those of us curious about a slimline Glock at this point, given barrel length doesn’t make a huge difference in concealment, does the G43X make more sense or does the G48?
    Ford/Chevy situation, where many well informed folks prefer the X and a similar number prefer the 48. The 43X is more abrupt but seems to track easier for me, while the 48 feels softer shooting. Think 34 vs 17. If you will dot it, sight radius drops out of the equation.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ford/Chevy situation, where many well informed folks prefer the X and a similar number prefer the 48. The 43X is more abrupt but seems to track easier for me, while the 48 feels softer shooting. Think 34 vs 17. If you will dot it, sight radius drops out of the equation.
    I won’t dot it initially as I have yet to dot anything else. But whatever dot I find is appropriate for such a slim pistol will most likely go on there when I make the jump. I wish there was a place around me that rented them so I could try them.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I won’t dot it initially as I have yet to dot anything else. But whatever dot I find is appropriate for such a slim pistol will most likely go on there when I make the jump. I wish there was a place around me that rented them so I could try them.
    I can’t imagine a Glock guy not having a slimline. If forced to go to just two different model guns, I could easily live with three 43X and four G4 17’s.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I really should get a 43x/48 one of these days....

User Tag List