Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Liking the 43X much more than the 48.
    Name:  6F5A89C9-8E36-48B4-B23C-36F569E794D4.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  50.3 KB

A curious question: Are the P365 and the P365XL frames interchangeable? (P365 slide onto a P365XL frame w/o the MS.) I believe they are, but I can't recall where I saw that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    A curious question: Are the P365 and the P365XL frames interchangeable? (P365 slide onto a P365XL frame w/o the MS.) I believe they are, but I can't recall where I saw that. Thanks!
    They appear so. I switched them, and they seemed fine, but I didn’t fire them switched.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-range-reports

Yup that’s how mine is set up. 365xl with 365 frame. Shoot fine

Site Supporter
    And I’ve got a P365 slide on the XL grip. Great combination, especially with the slightly bigger beaver tail. Shoots flawlessly.

I received the new laser engraved/stippled XL grip module from GreyGuns today and inserting the fire control unit and attaching the P365 slide was seamless. The module come from GreyGuns with the magazine release assembled and GTG except for a magazine(s).
    The pistol appears to work fine with manual racking and dry firing, but it has not been live fired yet.
    In this configuration, the pistol is still markedly smaller In height and length than my 43X, but feels much more manageable than the standard P365. Concealment is compromised slightly due to the longer grip length, but I’m not planning on pocket carrying the pistol in this configuration.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A lady colleague is stuck between choosing the 43x or 48. I read this thread but have no hands on experience on either. Will be carried AIWB. Any deal breakers on either?

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    A lady colleague is stuck between choosing the 43x or 48. I read this thread but have no hands on experience on either. Will be carried AIWB. Any deal breakers on either?
    Both work just fine.
    AIWB... 43X.

Or do what I did and buy a 43 then a 48. Swap the slide around as needed depending on the situation.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    A few points to consider.

A LOT of holsters out there for the 43x and 48 are cut to accept the 48 and by virtue a 43x so there's not much length to be saved there.

However, IF your lady friend is short, I would recommend the 43X with a specific holster for that barrel/slide length.

If she is on the taller side, say 5'7 to 5'8 I would recommend the 48 as its perceived recoil is less than the 43X.

User Tag List