Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Just finishing my range session, I big time dig the 43X/RMSc combo! Loading it up and JM Georging it home.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just finishing my range session, I big time dig the 43X/RMSc combo! Loading it up and JM Georging it home.
    Perfect! I will start getting stuff in line to get my spare slide ready.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I’m out if the loop - wasn’t there a rumor of an optional glass lens version of the RMSc being in development? I just can’t get behind a non-glass optic.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    4 or 8 MOA?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    4 or 8 MOA?
    The larger dot size, which I prefer, especially with an auto intensity optic.

Shield has a new optic, the RMS W, that has a different, but it is not available in the RMSc size.

The larger dot size, which I prefer, especially with an auto intensity optic.

Shield has a new optic, the RMS W, that has a different, but it is not available in the RMSc size.
    So an 8 dot would cover like 2" at 25 yards? Just fine for tight shots I would think.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    So an 8 dot would cover like 2" at 25 yards? Just fine for tight shots I would think.
    I have the 4 MOA, being more/less satisfied with the 3.5 MOA on the RMRs.

And wish I'd gotten the 8 MOA on the Shield . . .

BTW, I have the RMSw. The "waterproof" designation, as best I can tell (after the purchase) is based on it coming with a rubber gasket that fits between the optic and the handgun. I'm not sure that there's actually any difference topside.

From Shield's web site on the RMSw page:

The RMSw is designed to resist damage from water or other harsh environmental conditions. The RMS-W is gasket sealed to create a watertight fit between the slide and the battery compartment without the need for additional mounting plates. When the sight is mounted it will remain watertight at depths of up to 20 meters for over 30 minutes.
    The RMS-W also features a newly designed frame that adds thickness to the housing as well as a new side profile. The RMS-W will also be the first sight in the RMS line to benefit from the newly developed hard-coated polymer lens.
    The RMS-W has the same footprint as all previous Shield mini sights and will fit any slide that has already been cut for the RMS, RMS-C, SMS, or Jpoint.

So whether there will be any glass lenses . . . maybe not. Just the "newly developed hard-coated polymer".

Size-wise, again from Shield's web site, the RMSw is:
    Dimensions: Sight only (Length x width x height) 42 x 23 x 22 mm 1.7 x 1.0 x 0.9 inches

And the RMSc is:
    Dimensions: Sight only (Length x width x height) 40 x 23 x 22 mm 1.7 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches

Somewhat appears that the conversion from mm to inches is a bit off. Haven't held them side-by-side to actually compare.
    Last edited by flyrodr; 11-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.

At the end of my regular practice session, I pulled out the 43X and did a walk back to just past 20 yards to see if the RMSc was holding zero.

Name:  AB4EA792-727F-44EA-8B57-573039653892.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  43.3 KB

Has anyone put in a direct order with Shield besides @flyrodr? My order has been sitting for 8 wks. I've contacted them asking for update and gotten zero response via e-mail/contact form off their website and would like to know if anyone has had trouble with getting their order filled. A shop local to me said they were becoming a dealer and when contacting Shield they said their orders would be filled in 3 weeks tops. Just curious as to what the hold up might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Has anyone put in a direct order with Shield besides @flyrodr? My order has been sitting for 8 wks. I've contacted them asking for update and gotten zero response via e-mail/contact form off their website and would like to know if anyone has had trouble with getting their order filled. A shop local to me said they were becoming a dealer and when contacting Shield they said their orders would be filled in 3 weeks tops. Just curious as to what the hold up might be.
    I dug back through old emails and saw that I ended up getting help from a nice lady named Karen who responded via Shipping@shieldpsd.com. You might try that email address, and put her name in the subject line. She was very helpful.

My RMSw was really slow in coming, and Shield said the delay in part was getting out orders to LEOs or .mil (forget which), and then they had a bad sourced part (poorly tempered dot adjustment screws), which further slowed delivery.

Once I got mine all sorted out, it's been running fine. Funny, though, I don't get groups like @GJM . . . probably the ammo (yeah, right).

Think I'll start using a signature line. Maybe "I might not be very accurate, but I am VERY slow."

User Tag List