Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

@JHC you make me want to spend money with reckless abandon.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    @JHC you make me want to spend money with reckless abandon.
    And he's not even a hot lookin' female!!! (Not that there'd be anything wrong with it if he were. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And he's not even a hot lookin' female!!! (Not that there'd be anything wrong with it if he were. )
    Ohhhh when I was young and sleek like an otter.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This place is bad for the wallet. (full stop)

No wait, it's terrible for the wallet!
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    And when/if railed 43X or 48s show up here I will be all over that.
    That will be a very expensive day for me.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I'm not necessarily someone people should take advice from on this, but I take a bit different view on it. I owned a G48 for a while and I think it's a good little pistol. But I didn't feel I would ever be as confident with it as I am with a Lightweight Commander or a full size pistol. Since I can carry and conceal a Commander or even Government size pistol pretty easily AIWB I choose to go that route because I just have more confidence in my ability to shoot those guns over a compact pistol.

If I get to where I really feel I need a higher capacity than 8-10 rounds I can easily carry a G17 or even a G34 (or maybe a sweet Beretta 92X Centurion G model). So I don't personally feel that I gain anything by going to a compact for carry.

The other side to this is that if my lifestyle were to change in a way that made it difficult to carry a full size pistol then in that case a G48 or similar would probably be ideal. So I do understand the benefit to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm not necessarily someone people should take advice from on this, but I take a bit different view on it. I owned a G48 for a while and I think it's a good little pistol. But I didn't feel I would ever be as confident with it as I am with a Lightweight Commander or a full size pistol. Since I can carry and conceal a Commander or even Government size pistol pretty easily AIWB I choose to go that route because I just have more confidence in my ability to shoot those guns over a compact pistol.

If I get to where I really feel I need a higher capacity than 8-10 rounds I can easily carry a G17 or even a G34 (or maybe a sweet Beretta 92X Centurion G model). So I don't personally feel that I gain anything by going to a compact for carry.

The other side to this is that if my lifestyle were to change in a way that made it difficult to carry a full size pistol then in that case a G48 or similar would probably be ideal. So I do understand the benefit to some people.
    Well, why are you more confident with the 1911? Is it how it shoots or reliability, or what? Serious question.
    #RESIST

I’ve steered clear of modern sig so far.

Truly I think I’ll own a p365Xl by week’s end.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, why are you more confident with the 1911? Is it how it shoots or reliability, or what? Serious question.
    It's probably a combination of things -- one of which is pure familiarity because that's what I've used the most. And that is probably getting to the crux of your question -- could I not just spend more time shooting a compact in order to become proficient? I'm sure proficiency would increase with practice, but I'm not sure it would ever reach parity.

I prefer the larger size guns because of the sight radius, the full grip, even the added heft. I'm biased, and some of it is mental.

It may sound ridiculous, but the larger guns are easier on my ears to shoot at the range too. And I prefer to practice with the guns I actually use (or equivalent copy). That is not really a consideration for most people though, and it is moot once the dude with the non suppressed AR starts shooting in the next lane.

It's not a reliability thing. I would feel quite confident in the G48 I owned from a reliability standpoint once vetted. I just don't feel going down in size offers a tangible advantage to me personally -- so what's the incentive for me?

Starting to see G48s and G43Xs in duty holsters. WMLs options will catch up, giving us one of the best one-gun options in a long time.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List