Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Well shoot.

It just occurred to me I have both my G43X and Shootin’ Partners P365.

And she is off to see the Grandkids in Miami...soooo I think I will do a back to back shoot off between the two of them this Saturday.

I’ll compare:

- Loaded carry weight
    - Perceived recoil
    - Lefty ‘friendliness’
    - Accuracy in terms of scores on FYL, The Test, and 25 yd B8 groups of 10 rounds
    - Subjective evaluation ‘in the hand’

I will use my normal ammo and try and shoot them identically (which since I suck at shooting should not be too hard).

Anything else I should compare?

Back after the range visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Ordered a tango down, ill let you know how it is.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Much obliged.

I’ll be it’s a game ch—

Sorry. Couldn’t resist

Yeah definitely post back. I find the standard release tricky to hit on the G43x as a lefty, so I am obviously looking for options.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Much obliged.

I’ll be it’s a game ch—

Sorry. Couldn’t resist

Yeah definitely post back. I find the standard release tricky to hit on the G43x as a lefty, so I am obviously looking for options.

Did some more dry fire practice last night and figured out a method that works for me with my strong hand thumb, seems pretty consistent, may or may not install (and keep) the tango down lever.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

@RJ

Installed the new slide stop/release, works better than stock for my right handed manipulations, not sure how you release it with your left hand index but I don't know if it does anything over the stock release for you there.

Just picked up my 43X. Project Gymshorts has begun...

I noticed several in this thread, including @GJM, mention using 115gr ammo for defensive ammo, most of which isn't on Doc's list. Is there a specific reliability reason behind that? I typically use 147gr HSTs and would prefer not to change if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post

I noticed several in this thread, including @GJM, mention using 115gr ammo for defensive ammo, most of which isn't on Doc's list. Is there a specific reliability reason behind that? I typically use 147gr HSTs and would prefer not to change if possible.
    I've always been told you lose less velocity with heavier bullets from short barrels. Reliable expansion from shorter barrels is always a concern due to loss of velocity. Personally I hate shooting 115 out of my normal g43 and only shoot 147 gn hp.

Anyone with a 43x or 48 try taking off their upper and install a magazine in the magwell with only one bullet in the magazine? I was messing around checking things on my normal 43 the other day. The bullet hits the inner side of the ejector and cants the round severely to the left. I held the barrel in place by hand and the tip of the bullet is facing the left side of the chamber, not even in line with the feed ramp. I haven't had any malfs to speak of other than using non oem mags, but I honestly don't even know how it has fed the last bullet. My 43 is a fairly early model like 2015 I think. I bought it about a year after they came out.

I tried the same thing with a 2018 g42 and if the bullet is hitting the ejector than it isn't enough to cant the bullet sideways to the left. Have they made updates to either the ejector or ejector housing for better clearance or anything?

See post #271.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    See post #271.
    Sorry, read the wrong post. My mistake.
    Last edited by ssb; 10-09-2019 at 08:55 PM.

I'm well aware that 147gr HST works well from short barrels. Knowing that, I'm curious why some seem to be going with 115gr ammo.
    Reliability. I experienced stoppages with 147 HST in my 365. Others have reported the same.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List