Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked, looked but didn't find an answer.

Looking for sight recommendations for a 43x, I like the POI to be just above the top of the front sight post. Looking for something that is easy to pick up and run at speed. Not a bullseye gun.
    I've settled on the 0.180" high front Ameriglo Orange/Tritium and a blacked out standard height rear for both my Glock 19.5 (USPSA, Training) and 43X (Carry). It hits center of dot hold out to 25 yards for me with both AE115 and HST147.

They have a 0.165, which might be more along the lines of a top of the front sight post hold; but it being my (very limited) experience with Glocks what works for me might not work for everybody.

I'll find a link and edit this post to include, one sec.

EDIT: This one: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...g?v=1466017095

Wed site: https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...tritium-fronts
    Last edited by RJ; 09-28-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I've settled on the 0.180" high front Ameriglo Orange/Tritium and a blacked out standard height rear for both my Glock 19.5 (USPSA, Training) and 43X (Carry). It hits center of dot hold out to 25 yards for me with both AE115 and HST147.

They have a 0.165, which might be more along the lines of a top of the front sight post hold; but it being my (very limited) experience with Glocks what works for me might not work for everybody.

I'll find a link and edit this post to include, one sec.

EDIT: This one: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...g?v=1466017095

Wed site: https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...tritium-fronts
    Sorry for the clarification, so it hits center dot so the dot is covering the target?
    Last edited by Grey; 09-28-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Sorry for the clarification, so it hits center dot so the dot is covering the target?
    Yes sir.

I put the "dot" over the center of the target, and press.

EDIT Add a picture:

Attachment 43045
    Last edited by RJ; 09-28-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Yes sir.

I put the "dot" over the center of the target, and press.
    Thanks RJ, sounds like a .165 is what I am looking for!

Thanks RJ, sounds like a .165 is what I am looking for!
    I had a 0.165" spare that I'd mail you, but I think I might have given it away already. I tried it on my departed Glock 26, and "for me" I shot a bit high, so I switched over to the 0.185" (same sight picture) lowering the POA and giving me the POI I was looking for. I'll repeat though that was only my experience, there are lots of different holds and the Glock trigger is kinda weird in that different folks end up with different experiences. The sights aren't too dear that you can't experiment, of course.

Good luck, hope it works out for ya.

Assuming my G43X continues to run reliably, I’ll be using it for EDC soon.

Apologies if this was covered already, but my plan is to use the same Federal HST 147 in it as I do in my G19.

Am I gtg in using the same SD ammo in both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming my G43X continues to run reliably, I’ll be using it for EDC soon.

Apologies if this was covered already, but my plan is to use the same Federal HST 147 in it as I do in my G19.

Am I gtg in using the same SD ammo in both?

Should be fine. My 43X runs 147 HST with no problem.

I don’t think it’s a matter of will it run in the 43x, but rather, will it expand due to velocity loss out of the shorter barrel? That would be my concern. I see a lot of people go +p for their shorter barrels to make up for the loss of velocity, the draw back being increased muzzle flip and felt recoil, even if the difference is subjective.

Doesn't Federal make a “Micro 9” HST load? 150gr I think.

I was impressed enough with the testing a PF member did, to start running Gold Dot standard pressure 115 (available for about $26/50 from SGammo.com) to start using this load in my 43, 43X, 48, 365 and 365 XL pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was impressed enough with the testing a PF member did, to start running Gold Dot standard pressure 115 (available for about $26/50 from SGammo.com) to start using this load in my 43, 43X, 48, 365 and 365 XL pistols.
    Why the 115 over the 124 +p?

User Tag List