Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Site Supporter
    How does the 365XL compare size wise to a G48?

Couldnt agree more with the original post, I've been echoing the same thing within my own circles since I got these 2.

Bear with me a moment guys and I'll tell you why I see the 48 eventually replacing the 19 as the benchmark pistol. So the human hand has a common design they all work the same but with great variance in size, but function is constant, we will always have maximal grip on an object that measures an optimal diameter for our own hand, anything larger we cant grip it as effectively, any smaller and it's the same. The 48/43x are in that sweet spot where most normal sized hands will grip it better, ie more securely than the much fatter circumference of the G17/19 grip. That alone will define the difference. So the bridge that still exists is capacity, once that bridge is crossed, and in my opinion sig has already crossed it, glock has not yet. But once that is achieved, it wont even be a choice anymore, the G19 feels like a brick when I set the G48 down and pick it up.

Right now, the superior ergonomics, to me, far outweigh the 5 round handicap with the stock flush fit mags. I've seen the shield arms plus 4 bases but they are a little large for this gun in my opinion, I'd like to see a nice sleek plus 3 that doesnt extend down very far at all and a plus 2 that adds nothing but looks like a thicker baseplate, narrowing the gap further. All while we await this flush fit 15 rounder.
    One more thing that deserves mention, running the controls on the G48 is not only exactly like a G17/19, it's better, everything is just exactly where you want it so your not giving away any of the operational interface advantages the full size or mid size pistols have always enjoyed over carry compacts.

@CanineCombatives, I can completely agree with that last part. I've got midget digits and when I run slide lock reloads there is no need to reposition to hit slide lock or mag release for me with dominant hand. It is nice indeed.

I'm really starting to hate some of you guys...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    How does the 365XL compare size wise to a G48?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....the-G48/page10

Site Supporter
    My Sig P365 has now replaced both my Glock 26 and Kel-Tec P3AT as primary pocket guns. Eliminating the need to choose between capability and thinness has been nice. The Kel-Tec has now been relegated to my backup gun.

I do not see the P365 replacing my G26 for IWB carry any time soon. The G26 is better at dealing with perspiration, and that is important for me during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Also, to add one other point on the thread: it may or may not be related to Sig/Glock’s marketing and product development strategy, but I find as a male with size M hands, and with a shooting partner with size S female hands, these size guns just ‘fit’ us better. My suspicion is they took into account the anthropometrics of a population that includes folks from 5% female size, not just starting at 5% male.

I had my G19 out of the safe the other day prepping for a range trip and was astonished to remember how big it was. That may seem amusing to some of you guys with L or XL paws, but it’s certainly something I think about these days.
    You mean like this? CDC puts me at 99.9-th percentile for height. I'm making progress on the weight. When I was 22, I was pretty fit. It seemed kinda weird that the Navy's maximum appropriate weight chart stopped going up after heights of 6'2" or so at something like 20 lb less than where I was then; the eaters of crayons and glue realized that people would continue to weigh more as their height increased. It's still pretty annoying to find much of the world that's designed "ergonomically" basically excludes people anything like me from being able to fit ergonomically. Especially when the code has been cracked for decades - 35 year old sports cars that are tiny by today's standards fit perfectly, with more than enough room, but I often can't get enough leg or head room to be comfortable in late-model, full-size SUVs. If I'm 1 in 1000, there are 300,000 people in the country like me.
    [/threadjack]
    [/rant]

Name:  GP100 side.jpg
Views: 2170
Size:  42.8 KB

(@RexG may be along to point out that this was probably shot with a wide-angle lens that makes objects in the center of the image look larger than in the corners.)

The gun I can't pick up without thinking it must've been molded to my hand is a P226 with Hogue G10 grips (standard, not X5 version). Not exactly small.

I'm liking the idea of the G48 quite a bit, as it's very close to the same package as the 3953, but lighter and with two more rounds. It will need more added to the grip to work for me. Not really motivated to go to town until the 15 round thing comes to fruition. Also hoping Sig starts selling grip modules as stand-alones that can be modded inexpensively (maybe they are, I just haven't noticed them yet), as their handle is even smaller, at least on the non-XL. Will likely rent each a couple times at the range, though.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-06-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You mean like this? CDC puts me at 99.9-th percentile for height. I'm making progress on the weight. It's still pretty annoying to find much of the world that's designed "ergonomically" basically excludes people anything like me from being able to fit ergonomically. Especially when the code has been cracked for decades - 35 year old sports cars that are tiny by today's standards fit perfectly, with more than enough room, but I often can't get enough leg or head room to be comfortable in late-model, full-size SUVs. If I'm 1 in 1000, there are 300,000 people in the country like me.
    [/threadjack]
    [/rant]

Name:  GP100 side.jpg
Views: 2170
Size:  42.8 KB

(@RexG may be along to point out that this was probably shot with a wide-angle lens that makes objects in the center of the image look larger than in the corners.)

The gun I can't pick up without thinking it must've been molded to my hand is a P226 with Hogue G10 grips (standard, not X5 version). Not exactly small.

I'm liking the idea of the G48 quite a bit, as it's very close to the same package as the 3953, but lighter and with two more rounds. It will need more added to the grip to work for me. Not really motivated to go to town until the 15 round thing comes to fruition. Also hoping Sig starts selling grip modules as stand-alones that can be modded inexpensively (maybe they are, I just haven't noticed them yet), as their handle is even smaller, at least on the non-XL. Will likely rent each a couple times at the range, though.
    Internet search "Sig 365 grip module" and you'll find them for about $30-35. Some pre-stippled just like with the 320 series.

365XL feels very good for big hands and shoots like a larger pistol. The G43x/48 feel pretty good too...neither too tiny like a 43 or boxy like standard Glock models.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    . . . we will always have maximal grip on an object that measures an optimal diameter for our own hand, anything larger we cant grip it as effectively, any smaller and it's the same. The 48/43x are in that sweet spot where most normal sized hands will grip it better, ie more securely than the much fatter circumference of the G17/19 grip.
    That is so interesting. My fingers are longish and thin, I wear size L Mechanix gloves. While I feel like I have way too much fingers on a 43 the 43X/48 is much better in that regard. Freestyle, the standard frame guns fit awesome for me but SHO and WHO for me the new slimline models really shine. I prefer dominant control via grip vs just getting by.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

And when/if railed 43X or 48s show up here I will be all over that.

These represent a 30 round course of fire Kevin B picked up at a DHS instructor course and may have modified some, using the VTAC target for example. I treat it as proprietary because the first time he puts someone through it they have to shoot it "blind".

He'll tell you the task, i.e. "Shoot a F2S, shoot as fast as you can but get all your hits." But you don't know the Pass/Fail par. So that first time out is has some special learning and mental stress.

The course of fire has various length strings etc and is shot from 3-25 yards. I was working the 43X hard in the run up to this day, as well as shooting my 1911s a lot. I am not finding the slimline Glocks to "conflict" much with shooting my 1911s.

I missed a couple heads with the 43X vs the 9mm Operator here (I shot the 43X round on top of the hits already on the VTAC from the 9mm Operator run shot first.) The little gun held it's own for me pretty well.

Attachment 41011

Attachment 41012

BTW the reason for the 3x5 card down low is not for training pelvic shots as the original CoF. This is one of KB's mods I just remembered. Its for learning to transfer downward to make a shot when the BG is ducking from a prior shot, based on his experience as the giver and receiver of shots at one's noggin.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-07-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List