Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    First quote pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. I can easily conceal a 19/17 but after 8 hours it gets a bite tiresome. With the 48 I don't get the same fatigue and hot spots as I do with the larger pistols. As far as RDS, I have an RMR on my 48 with the Dueck Defense mount. It overhangs ever so slightly on both sides of the slide, but doesn't affect comfort in any way at least for me. Only had the pistol for a few months now, but it seems to be the Goldilocks model for me so far.

Edit to add: and if those 15 round mags ever become a real thing then it's a no brainer
    I've been wondering how the Dueck mount would work on them. Otherwise I've been considering getting a spare slide and cutting it for a Shield RMSc
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I've been wondering how the Dueck mount would work on them. Otherwise I've been considering getting a spare slide and cutting it for a Shield RMSc
    So far so good. I think the only option right now for RMR is either the Dueck mount, or the option Suarez is offering which is a milling job with their mount. I'll stick with the Dueck mount and see what else shakes out in the future for the 48/43x.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Oh I absolutely do. This was discussing the conceal ability of the spare mags.
    Ahhhh I see. Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It should go without saying, but the ideal use of the 43X/48/365/365XL is not to downsize from carrying a service pistol, but rather for folks to upsize from their smaller gun.
    This. I am currently relegated to as little size and weight as possible on my belt because of a recent injury. My normal service gun, j frame, knives, medical stuff and less lethal is a no go. I have been living with a 340PD as my primary which drives me sort of nuts, but is reality. I bumped up to the G48 and it is doable with a J frame. As soon as I went back to my normal I got relegated back to a cane and no weight. As much as I love my LTT92 and PX4CC, the reality is now that a G48 is likely going to be a bit of the future for carry for awhile. I am now having to work back up to the G48/642 combo and a sling pack with the rest of my junk.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Sounds like we are all saying the same thing from two different perspectives. Excluding BUG's, if you are in a situation where you need to downsize, you can now have a larger and more capable upsized downsize. Lol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    This. I am currently relegated to as little size and weight as possible on my belt because of a recent injury. My normal service gun, j frame, knives, medical stuff and less lethal is a no go. I have been living with a 340PD as my primary which drives me sort of nuts, but is reality. I bumped up to the G48 and it is doable with a J frame. As soon as I went back to my normal I got relegated back to a cane and no weight. As much as I love my LTT92 and PX4CC, the reality is now that a G48 is likely going to be a bit of the future for carry for awhile. I am now having to work back up to the G48/642 combo and a sling pack with the rest of my junk.
    Man, good luck with that recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Man, good luck with that recovery!
    Ditto that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    While a little chunkier, I think a Glock 26 is easier to shoot.

Also a 2 bad guy option.
    I would call the Glock 26 a game changer when it first came out. Most prior choices in comparable size were in .38 or .380 and had terrible sights. The G26 shoots almost like a service pistol but carries almost like a small frame .38.

The P365 thinness makes enough difference in a pocket that it is partially a game changer over even a G26.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    As Dagga pointed out, injury can dictate what we carry. I discovered that back problems do the same. Too, aging is another variable in dictating what we hang on our frames.

Studying here may have caused Sig bias. I too would like to have a 365 but hesitate. About Glocks. Why do some buy the 43X over the 48? Observation. The nifty 42's seem not to get much love these days,

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    As Dagga pointed out, injury can dictate what we carry. I discovered that back problems do the same. Too, aging is another variable in dictating what we hang on our frames.

Studying here may have caused Sig bias. I too would like to have a 365 but hesitate. About Glocks. Why do some buy the 43X over the 48? Observation. The nifty 42's seem not to get much love these days,
    We love our G42s, but they don’t really seem to fit this conversation. My wife isn’t looking for a larger, harder kicking gun: her G42 is Goldilocks, as far as she is concerned. Tiny hands, little tolerance for recoil, wants a gun that is accurate and as easy to shoot as her Ruger MKII. Mine, and my G26, mostly replace my 642. Both are easier to shoot than the 642, with better sights and more ammo, and don’t beat me bloody like the 642 can.

If I can carry bigger/heavier than the 642/G42, the G26 is as far as I’m willing to go on a daily basis. I don’t really want a thinner 9mm - they twist in my grip. I run my G26.3 with a Hogue sleeve, and my 19x with the largest backstrap with beavertail. If I need super thin, I use the G42 b/c it doesn’t try to twist or slow me down shooting - it just fits. But like I said, it isn’t really germain to taking about a slightly upsized super thin 9mm. Kind of it’s own category.

User Tag List