Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

@RJ, you can get a standard power RSA version but beware the standard spring tungsten version still does not have enough tension to keep the slide from moving rearward while manipulating the trigger to fire the gun on the 48/43/43X version. This happened to me, (with standard spring rate version on a 43 and 43X) even with a 5lb Wolff striker spring installed. When I observed this issue with factory and the reduced power striker spring I promptly removed the guide rod and went back to factory striker spring and RSA. When I called I was told this is normal. Glock Store allowed me to return it for a full refund. Tom, or someone else can better explain to you why this is bad. You can get a stainless version from rock your Glock. I have one in a G43x and am not experiencing the same issues with the version from Glock Store. Also seems to run fine in a G48. There is a barely noticeable difference in perceived recoil. It might be because I am hype focusing on it though. I don’t notice any difference on splits it might be a little softer. I’m happy to share more information if you think you may grab one but it late and I need some sleep. I’m trashed from the travel and class over the weekend and am still trying to catch up on sleep, exercise and with the kiddos.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-17-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Is anyone using a Glock Store Tungsten Guide Rod in their G43X/G48?

https://www.glockstore.com/Tungsten-Guide-Rod-for-G43

I bought one for my G19.5. It’s a net +1 oz or so over the stock rod. I can tell it’s in, as the recoil impulse is slightly muffled. I like it.

My thinking is that the same approximate weight increase would, by percentage, make my G43X slightly less sharp, which is the only real complaint I have about my little Glock.

Also, would anyone suggest the reduced power spring version? I don’t have any issue with the slide but being a lefty the non ambi slide release is a bit awkward for me to manipulate. I shoot AE115 and GD115 JHP for carry.

Thoughts?
    One of the attractions of these small pistols, besides size, is their light weight. Have you tried 147 grain ammo? That would make it less sharp, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    One of the attractions of these small pistols, besides size, is their light weight. Have you tried 147 grain ammo? That would make it less sharp, IMO.
    If you're that sensitive to weight, realize that 11 rounds of 147 would add over an ounce compared to 115 grain and over a half ounce compared to 124 (and that the bullets' added weight is arguably not in as good of a location as the guide rod's).
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 01-17-2020 at 05:33 AM.

The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Thanks guys. I decided to leave the OEM Glock RSA as is in my carry G43X.

I’ve not even so much as polished the connector etc; just clean, lube per manual and shoot.

Lately the recoil impulse is not bad, or I’m getting used to it. This is like the fifth time I’ve used rubber Talon grips (I stripped all the previous ones due to slipping) and they seem to be both staying put and providing a bit of cushion.

I like the G19+G43X combo. That and an LCR in .38 w WC ammo make up my entire “gun collection” lol.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-17-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    If you're that sensitive to weight, realize that 11 rounds of 147 would add over an ounce compared to 115 grain and over a half ounce compared to 124 (and that the bullets' added weight is arguably not in as good of a location as the guide rod's).
    The difference between 147 and 115 is 32, times 11 is 352 grains, which is .8 ounces, not over an ounce. Looking at random reloading data, there is a 1.3 grain difference between the two, bringing it around .77.

Though your numbers are a bit off, I still agree that there is a weight difference that is not insignificant. I think the ammo change might eliminate the snap more than the guide rod, especially given its size. YMMV.

Put an extra round in the big square and still got level 3. Unfortunately I could regularly repeat it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 01-19-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Well, I broke down and got myself a black G43X this afternoon.

I have been back and forth trying to decide between it and a G26.5 for several months now and couldn't make up my mind. As part of my research I discovered that the G43X was pretty darn close to the size of my loved and regretfully sold Walther P5 of yesteryear that and I figured the G43X would be an easier sell than the G26.5 if I didn't like it, I finally succumbed to the BANG disease. (Buy A New Gun)

WOW.

I didn't really understand how much smaller this gun was just handling it at the gun counter. As soon as I got it home I put on both of my favorite JMCK G19 holsters and it pretty much disappeared.

Since getting skinny a couple of years ago I haven't really been able to hide my old trusty G19.3s very well. I have resorted to carrying my wife's G42 or my old NAA Guardian a lot of the time.

Even with a Graith belt and the excellent JMCK 2.5 Wingclaw or the IWB3. While it wasn't obvious to a non-gun person that I was carrying, I could go to another room put on the gun/holster, come back and my wife would say "I can see your gun". Only the IWB3 and a jacket was really hidden.

I did the same thing tonight, swapping between the G19.3, G43X, nothing to see if she could tell.

She had trouble telling if I had the gun or not in the Wingclaw 2.5. She could tell something was on my waist (or I had a beer gut one time) but she couldn't tell the difference between the empty holster/gun with the G43X but she could always see the G19.3.

With the IWB3 and G43X she couldn't tell the difference between gun/no-gun/no holster she could always see the G19. This with a holster that really doesn't fit the gun!!!

Don't even get me started on the weight difference with a loaded mag.

Color me impressed. I wouldn't have ever thought the difference between the G19 and the G43X on paper would be that big in practice. I am really looking forward to doing a shooting comparison. While I am not expecting the same performance, unless there is a significant degradation in my shooting with the G43X I will be looking to selling/swapping several of my G19s to get my pair and a spare.

As much as I hate getting rid of my G19s and that monstrous stash of G19 magazines, swapping guns is much better than adding 100 lbs back to hide the G19s again.

Thanks to GJM and JHC for opening my eyes to this.

This afternoon, driving home from the USPSA match, I had a quick thought I had forgotten to put my 43X back on after the match. It was on, but so darn small, I couldn’t feel it without reaching down. Last night, in the Sprinter out in the desert, I slept with it on in a JM AIWB. On paper it isn’t that much smaller than a 19, but in feel, it is night and day smaller.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This afternoon, driving home from the USPSA match, I had a quick thought I had forgotten to put my 43X back on after the match. It was on, but so darn small, I couldn’t feel it without reaching down. Last night, in the Sprinter out in the desert, I slept with it on in a JM AIWB. On paper it isn’t that much smaller than a 19, but in feel, it is night and day smaller.
    do you shoot a 365xl also?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Well, I broke down and got myself a black G43X this afternoon.

I have been back and forth trying to decide between it and a G26.5 for several months now and couldn't make up my mind. As part of my research I discovered that the G43X was pretty darn close to the size of my loved and regretfully sold Walther P5 of yesteryear that and I figured the G43X would be an easier sell than the G26.5 if I didn't like it, I finally succumbed to the BANG disease. (Buy A New Gun)

WOW.

I didn't really understand how much smaller this gun was just handling it at the gun counter. As soon as I got it home I put on both of my favorite JMCK G19 holsters and it pretty much disappeared.

Since getting skinny a couple of years ago I haven't really been able to hide my old trusty G19.3s very well. I have resorted to carrying my wife's G42 or my old NAA Guardian a lot of the time.

Even with a Graith belt and the excellent JMCK 2.5 Wingclaw or the IWB3. While it wasn't obvious to a non-gun person that I was carrying, I could go to another room put on the gun/holster, come back and my wife would say "I can see your gun". Only the IWB3 and a jacket was really hidden.

I did the same thing tonight, swapping between the G19.3, G43X, nothing to see if she could tell.

She had trouble telling if I had the gun or not in the Wingclaw 2.5. She could tell something was on my waist (or I had a beer gut one time) but she couldn't tell the difference between the empty holster/gun with the G43X but she could always see the G19.3.

With the IWB3 and G43X she couldn't tell the difference between gun/no-gun/no holster she could always see the G19. This with a holster that really doesn't fit the gun!!!

Don't even get me started on the weight difference with a loaded mag.

Color me impressed. I wouldn't have ever thought the difference between the G19 and the G43X on paper would be that big in practice. I am really looking forward to doing a shooting comparison. While I am not expecting the same performance, unless there is a significant degradation in my shooting with the G43X I will be looking to selling/swapping several of my G19s to get my pair and a spare.

As much as I hate getting rid of my G19s and that monstrous stash of G19 magazines, swapping guns is much better than adding 100 lbs back to hide the G19s again.

Thanks to GJM and JHC for opening my eyes to this.
    When you go to shooting grip it like it owes you money! 😁
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List