Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Received my gun back from SIG. They claim to have replaced the extractor and test fired. The barrel appears new. The slide is original. My FCU was deemed “out of spec” and replaced.
    Hope it works out.

Just curious, but how did Sig handle the S/N? Isn’t the FCU ‘the’ serialized component aka the gun?

It’s precisely these running change shenanigans that have every one of my SIGs taking up space in the safe. I honestly don’t get how people keep putting up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    It’s precisely these running change shenanigans that have every one of my SIGs taking up space in the safe. I honestly don’t get how people keep putting up with it.
    It really is a two edged sword. Proceed at HK speed and bring out a very well designed and tested product every five or ten years, go at Glock speed and bring out a derivative of a standard Glock every year or two, or go Sig speed where you end up with the 320 family, 365 family, the Rattler and other gas guns, and the Cross rifle in an incredibly short time period.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Also, I have a P365 that was produced in the first 1000 ever made that still hasn't had any issues with it.
    Actually none of my P365s/XLs have had any issues despite the minor iterations.

The carry ones are the latest ones I've purchased and the older ones get relegated to practice and dry fire, if they fail then they get serviced and brought up to spec... then go into the carry role.

But so far, they have been great and the P365 with home brew XL slide and optic cut have been my go to carry gun for a couple years now.

I'd consider a G43x with SCD and S15 magazine as an alternate carry candidate, but I like the XL grip angle better.

Just read about an out of battery firing from an 365XL, with pictures. I’ll see if I can get permission to repost.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    July 2020.
    What’s that in Sig years?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hope it works out.

Just curious, but how did Sig handle the S/N? Isn’t the FCU ‘the’ serialized component aka the gun?
    It was transferred to me as a “new” firearm via FFL. They cannot directly reimburse for my FFL fee, but I get store credit. So, I guess an extra mag.

To be clear, I have no indication an “upgrade” occurred to the FCU. It’s entirely possible there was something off with my FCU - whatever was deemed out of spec was not specified on the repair paperwork. They replaced it after test firing with the new extractor.

Also to be clear, my other 365XL has exhibited no troubles whatsoever, to include approx. 400 rounds of 147 HST that I probably could have retired off of had I used better judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It really is a two edged sword. Proceed at HK speed and bring out a very well designed and tested product every five or ten years, go at Glock speed and bring out a derivative of a standard Glock every year or two, or go Sig speed where you end up with the 320 family, 365 family, the Rattler and other gas guns, and the Cross rifle in an incredibly short time period.
    Given that most people don't actually shoot their guns, other than a few mags to make sure they go bang, it's a good business model.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    P320 family- the problem list is epic, and well documented right here on PF.
    P365 family- the problem list was epic for over a year. At least seven distinct parts revisions in two years.
    Rattler- The number of reported problems with it is less, but feeding issues, gassing issues are numerous.
    Cross rifle. Recalled.

HK is conspicuous in having a comparatively small “issue list” with any of its products. The old joke about the perfect gun company being SIG with HK adult supervision isn’t wrong.

Stupid question - is there any reason to not have a silver slide G48 milled for an optic and refinished in black nitride? I like the grippiness and it's been reliable, but it's not like painting over a Monet or anything, right?

User Tag List