Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Yeah, 5.5 pound it ain't... and it ain't been for a long time now if ever. It's more like a solid 7-8 pound pull in reality, maybe less if you put some good grease in the right spots for those who disassemble their frames.
    My G48 is not 5.5# either it is less than 5# but it did not come from Glock like that.
    My double stack Range Only Glocks all have less than 4# triggers but did not come from Glock like that.

Is there a preferred smooth face trigger for the 43/48?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Emery cloth is your friend but Overwatch makes one.
    Last edited by JBP55; 08-12-2019 at 11:04 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    How do people feel about the AIWB concealability of the 43 vs the 48/43x?

I've gone back and forth on replacing my 26s/43s with 43xs/48s as I have been bitten hard by the AR15 bug and could use the money, but I also pretty regularly conceal in a "npe" where the 43 has a distinct purpose.

I know I've asked this before... but more input would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

I've gone back and forth on replacing my 26s/43s with 43xs/48s as I have been bitten hard by the AR15 bug and could use the money, but I also pretty regularly conceal in a "npe" where the 43 has a distinct purpose.

G43 conceals infinitely better than the 43X/48 for me but it depends how wide you are from hip to hip and how close to centerline you are carrying I think, holster also makes a difference but I have found with some clothes holster is less of a factor as the others so long as there is at least some inward torque where it be through a wedge or a wing/claw. The P365XL grip conceals better than the 43X/48 and the P365 as good or better than the G43. YMMV though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

You're not going to want to part with the 43. There is always a use case for smaller.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    G43 conceals infinitely better than the 43X/48 for me
    Oh yeah, me too. As much as I like the 43X it cannot fully replace the 43 for deep concealment purposes.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    SSVI in mine.

Make your own by driving out the trigger shoe blind pin and swapping a smooth trigger shoe from a full size. I’ve done that a few times now - first with my old 36, then with my 43. I wimped out with my 48 due to a lack of time and bought a preconverted trigger bar from a guy on GT for a $10 premium, it was worth it for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh yeah, me too. As much as I like the 43X it cannot fully replace the 43 for deep concealment purposes.
    I just bought a 43X to replace my 19 and agree that, though thinner and lighter than the 19, it can't really replace the 43 in cases where deep concealment is required. With all the mass shooting happening I won't go anywhere unarmed and thus in some situations I need to be 100% concealed. I can't put the 43X in my pocket and draw it without it a higher risk of printing or snagging on the way out.
    Last edited by Pappy35; 08-12-2019 at 02:35 PM.

User Tag List