Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

@JHC has talked about how well the 1911 and 43x/48 go together. I decided to test this myself after a steel challenge match today. Shot the 1911 for the entire match then went back later and spent some time with the 48. I’m not going to win any speed contests with it but draws to 8” plates out to about 15 yards felt pretty low stress. The Bold sights are still my favorite hi visibility sights on any pistol and they really work well on the 48 for me.

I’m going to start putting in a lot of focused work with the 48. I shot a borrowed 19x today too and forgot how much I like that pistol. Now I want to try a 43x and a Glock 45 just for fun.

Glocks always seem to find a way to pull me back in. They’re like Austrian crack.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What you are describing about the 48 in recoil is why I prefer the 43X.
    @willie
    @GJM
    Are you talking just cycling speed or a combination of recoil impulse, or way the gun moves under recoil and cycle speed? When I run my 43 slide on the 48 frame the recoil is more brisk but I would agree that sights return to target more quickly. I still prefer the sight radius on G48 to 43/43X, but in terms of performance at speed I can see it functioning similarly as with the 45/19X. The performance gaps are probably minuscule with a better shooter. After reading your post maybe a better comparison is the 43X and XL and that is the comparison I should be making. Truthfully I haven't warmed up to the 43X as much because at my skill level sight radius does play as a factor, especially because I have been spending a lot of time at 20-30 yards.
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-10-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    I purchased a G43x today for when my G29 is too thick.

I almost bought a P365 but the salesman asked if I was LEO/military, I said no, haven't been military since the 90's. He asked if I had my VA identification card because Glock was offering Blue Label pricing to veterans and the price would be $60.00 less. I whipped my VA card out FAST! Now I need some holsters.

I plan to use this ammunition, is it any good?

I kid, I kid, I bought some 147 gr HST's.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    a combination of recoil impulse, or way the gun moves under recoil and cycle speed? When I run my 43 slide on the 48 frame the recoil is more brisk but I would agree that sights return to target more quickly..
    Along those lines. Seems to take more effort and time for equal hits at speed. F2S for example, when run at equal speed my 48 hits open up and I can see the chaos on the sights.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Then I really need to work more with my make shift 43X because that is exactly what I am seeing. Thanks @JHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Then I really need to work more with my make shift 43X because that is exactly what I am seeing. Thanks @JHC.
    I saw it again on F2S 48 vs 43X this morning. With runs in the same time range the dispersion of lower alpha hits with the 48 were ~double that of the 43X. Splits ~.25
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I got my 48. I quite like it, it does recoil more, but nothing unmanageable. I’m not happy about buying it with Ameriglo sights that shoot very low at 7 yards, now I have to contact Ameriglo about getting a lower front sight. Not the first time I’ve had to do this.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I got my 48. I quite like it, it does recoil more, but nothing unmanageable. I’m not happy about buying it with Ameriglo sights that shoot very low at 7 yards, now I have to contact Ameriglo about getting a lower front sight. Not the first time I’ve had to do this.
    Let us know what height you end up with. I’m having the same issue.

Has anyone tried getting one of those thinner 10-8 yellow/orange night sights paired up with an Ameriglo rear for their G48? I might go that route or just settle for Hackathorns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Has anyone tried getting one of those thinner 10-8 yellow/orange night sights paired up with an Ameriglo rear for their G48? I might go that route or just settle for Hackathorns.

I have the thinner orange Ameriglo on my 48 with a Defoor rear.
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 08-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.

User Tag List