Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I love the G45/19X/19 system.

Attachment 47283
    How do they compare to the VP9? The G19X & VP9 are about highest on my interested list right now, difficult to try to make sense as they same like polar opposites in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    How do they compare to the VP9? The G19X & VP9 are about highest on my interested list right now, difficult to try to make sense as they same like polar opposites in a lot of ways.
    They are easily my two favorite striker types — different in approach but pretty close in what they do. If you can shoot a Glock well enough, there are so many advantages to the Glock in user service, mods and accessories, it is hard to not go with the Glock system. If you shoot the VP9 enough better, it might be worth the more limited ecosystem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How is the Shield RMS working for you? Please redirect if you have a current thread on it.

Thanks,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    How is the Shield RMS working for you? Please redirect if you have a current thread on it.

Thanks,
    Keith
    So far so good. Has held zero, battery still good, and as I am careful in cleaning the lens, using compressed air and a Leupold lens pen, no scratches.

Hammertime
    They are easily my two favorite striker types.
    I just want to echo this. VP9 and 19x/G45 are probably my favorite guns. They are pleasurable to shoot, and I have done some of my best work with them. Both are outstandingly reliable. You can hardly make a bad choice.

But after all that I have (re)settled on a G19 for carry and a G17 for the safe at home. The VP9 and G45 just sit unloaded in the "not on current use" safe. For me the grip is just a touch too long with both for carry. And I don't shoot a 19 all that much worse (if any). YMMV.

Is anyone using a Glock Store Tungsten Guide Rod in their G43X/G48?

https://www.glockstore.com/Tungsten-Guide-Rod-for-G43

I bought one for my G19.5. It’s a net +1 oz or so over the stock rod. I can tell it’s in, as the recoil impulse is slightly muffled. I like it.

My thinking is that the same approximate weight increase would, by percentage, make my G43X slightly less sharp, which is the only real complaint I have about my little Glock.

Also, would anyone suggest the reduced power spring version? I don’t have any issue with the slide but being a lefty the non ambi slide release is a bit awkward for me to manipulate. I shoot AE115 and GD115 JHP for carry.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Is anyone using a Glock Store Tungsten Guide Rod in their G43X/G48?

https://www.glockstore.com/Tungsten-Guide-Rod-for-G43

I bought one for my G19.5. It’s a net +1 oz or so over the stock rod. I can tell it’s in, as the recoil impulse is slightly muffled. I like it.

My thinking is that the same approximate weight increase would, by percentage, make my G43X slightly less sharp, which is the only real complaint I have about my little Glock.

Also, would anyone suggest the reduced power spring version? I don’t have any issue with the slide but being a lefty the non ambi slide release is a bit awkward for me to manipulate. I shoot AE115 and GD115 JHP for carry.

Thoughts?
    I think the guide rod would be fine, but you are becoming a bit of a test pilot with the RSA switch, given the X’s short barrel and recommended frequent RSA replacement guidance.

I think the guide rod would be fine, but you are becoming a bit of a test pilot with the RSA switch, given the X’s short barrel and recommended frequent RSA replacement guidance.
    What is the recommendation for RSA replacement for the 43x?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    What is the recommendation for RSA replacement for the 43x?
    Pretty short from people who know — I think 2,000 rounds, but I will check.

Site Supporter
    I would discourage reduced power recoil springs in any subcompact pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List