Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Received a small package from Overwatch Precision today:

Glock G43/G42/G43x/G48 NP3'ed OEM Minus Connector
    220031$25.00 USD

OG DAT
    (Model: G43, G43X, G48, Trigger Safety Tab Color: Black)
    282221$99.99

I have a np3’d safety plunger coming soon.

I found it interesting my SCD aka ‘gadget’ lies flat with the striker cocked. I’d somehow gotten the impression it would not. So that was good.

I have a Overwatch Trigger in my G19 USPSA gun and I quite like it. Will get to the range soon.
    I find the wall on the 43X to be much stiffer than my G19s. How does the trigger with those parts compare to your G19 w/ Overwatch trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I find the wall on the 43X to be much stiffer than my G19s. How does the trigger with those parts compare to your G19 w/ Overwatch trigger?
    +1
    How does the wall feel on the 43x after adding the minus connector?

I’m debating on selling my 26.5 to replace with a G48, at ~$1,000 a pop here in California for non-Leo I can’t just buy them all and I can only have 3 guns by serial number on my CCW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I’m debating on selling my 26.5 to replace with a G48, at ~$1,000 a pop here in California for non-Leo I can’t just buy them all and I can only have 3 guns by serial number on my CCW.
    Wait, hold on, in California you can only own 3 handguns total?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Wait, hold on, in California you can only own 3 handguns total?
    In my county, you can qualify and carry 3 handguns by serial number. There’s a handful of counties that allow more but you need to qualify and list all by serial number.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    In my county, you can qualify and carry 3 handguns by serial number. There’s a handful of counties that allow more but you need to qualify and list all by serial number.
    And that right there is a use case for serialized FCUs.

/thread de-rail

I found it interesting my SCD aka ‘gadget’ lies flat with the striker cocked. I’d somehow gotten the impression it would not. So that was good.
    I have an Overwatch Precision OG DAT in my G42, and my SCD also lies flat. My understanding is that, due to tolerance variations, some guns/OWP triggers may work with the SCD, while others may not. If the SCD lies flat, I believe all is well, but if it doesn't that particular combo shouldn't be used.
    @Tom_Jones will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong here.

I found the same thing with my G42. The OWP DAT improved the trigger pull, but it's still not the rolling break I've seen in most Gen. 5 guns. There's still a wall, it's just not as stiff as the OEM trigger.

I’ll try and compare them side by side this weekend. Superficially they seem to be similar from what I recall.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. J. C. Watts
    USPSA#A92555

I’ll try and compare them side by side this weekend. Superficially they seem to be similar from what I recall.
    On my 19.5, the Overwatch trigger and minus connector had a more defined wall than the stock Gen 5 parts. I would be curious how the Overwatch in the 43x compares to the stock Gen 5 19 trigger, if you recall what that felt like.

With it warming up here, and bird dog protection at the top of our priority list, I tested some CCI 9mm shot loads in my 43X. It functioned the pistol, but at ten feet which is my “close enough but not too close” distance, the #12 shot went into about half an entire USPSA target, and it didn’t inspire me as a quick solution for a threatening rattler.

As an aside, I tested the 38/357 “big 4” CCI shot load, and it left too many gaps that a rattler’s head could fit in. By comparison the standard 38/357 load with the #9 shot patterned into a very satisfying, dense six inch pattern at 10 feet. According to the CCI website, the 38/357 has about double the payload of the 9mm shot load. A Scandium J frame in the front pocket, loaded with the shot loads, is a pretty space and weight efficient piece of safety equipment.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List