Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Site Supporter
    Any word from Shield Arms about the 15 round magazines?
    --Jason--

Since it was announced, I was sold (single stack 19? Yes, please). When I felt one, it confirmed all my suspicions. I fought off buying a 48 for months while carrying a 19.5, then decided to go back to 1911 with a Valkyrie LW 9mm CCO. Great pistol, but it's still heavier than I (read: my back) care to tote around 9-10 hours a day, no less than five days a week. So today I finally broke down and bought the 48. My inner Mike Lowery was screaming for the two-tone, but I stuck with all black and bold sights.

Site Supporter
    S15 Pre-order is live! Just received an email. They have an aluminum mag catch for $24.99.
    Last edited by Blades; 09-13-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    --Jason--

Figured I would ask here: I have a Tom Givens Combative Pistol class (yes, again) April 2020 in Dahlonaga GA.

What mag pouches do you guys suggest for a G43X?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Figured I would ask here: I have a Tom Givens Combative Pistol class (yes, again) April 2020 in Dahlonaga GA.

I have a couple from JMCK.

When the 48 first came out I was in the “why” camp. I didn’t see the point in a single stack 19. I made the mistake of handling one three weeks ago. Now I want one really bad! Bad enough that it might derail my plans of buying another VP9 or P30. The Blue Label price certainly makes the idea that much more appealing.

I'm very pleased with the Kytex ones I have.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks all! Turns out the Ghost mag pouches I use for USPSA fit fine, small adjustment needed on the two retaining screws.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    When the 48 first came out I was in the “why” camp. I didn’t see the point in a single stack 19. I made the mistake of handling one three weeks ago. Now I want one really bad! Bad enough that it might derail my plans of buying another VP9 or P30. The Blue Label price certainly makes the idea that much more appealing.
    I was the opposite, clamoring for a “48” before they were even announced. Then... I didn’t get one. I intend to fix that later today.

After a ridiculous delay, I am finally one of us.

I am new to concealed carry, so wanted to solicit some holster recommendations. I am 90% sure I will end up preferring AIWB and think I will get either the JMCK George or Tenicor Velo for that, but would like recommendations for 4 o'clock holsters for the G48. Something simple and comfortable would be ideal.

Also, I don't see much talk about concealment mag carriers. I considered for appendix some of the gun/mag combinations from Tier 1 and T-Rex, but am thinking I will start with separate holster and mag carriers for now just because it would have more flexibility. Any suggestions about brands and methods would be appreciated.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List